• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan Jazz Orchestra - processor recommendation

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Jazz Orchestra - processor recommendation

I noted from reading about the processor requirements that this has risen a bit and recommended is a 2.4 Ghz one. Mine is an AMD 1.8 Ghz one I think. What are the consequences of having too slow a processor? I have 2 Gigabyte of RAM by the way. A bit loath to shell out for a 3.0 Ghz or greater new processor if the one I have will do the trick. Had no problems with this with the GPO package. And I beleive AMD processors are actually faster than Intels so a 1.8 Ghz might be the equivalent of a 2.3 or 4 Intel one.

Thanks
    Simon

Re: Garritan Jazz Orchestra - processor recommendation

First, what kind of AMD Processor is it? Athlon 64? Athlon XP? Sempron?

Secondly, is the processor clocked at 1.8 GHz or is the performance number 1.8 GHz (i.e. 1800+)?

If you have an Athlon 64 clocked at 1.8 GHz, I believe the performance number is 2800+ or 3000+ (2.8 GHz or 3.0 GHz Pentium 4.) If you have anything slower than this AMD processor, then the equivalents will be lower, too.

Quote Originally Posted by AtmosMan
    First, what kind of AMD Processor is it? Athlon 64? Athlon XP? Sempron?

Secondly, is the processor clocked at 1.8 GHz or is the performance number 1.8 GHz (i.e. 1800+)?

If you have an Athlon 64 clocked at 1.8 GHz, I believe the performance number is 2800+ or 3000+ (2.8 GHz or 3.0 GHz Pentium 4.) If you have anything slower than this AMD processor, then the equivalents will be lower, too.

I think the spec of my machine is this:

ASUS A7N8X DELUXE MOTHERBOARD
    ATHLON 2500XP Barton Core CPU

Quote Originally Posted by Simon56
    ATHLON 2500XP Barton Core CPU
    So you have an Athlon XP processor. The performance number is 2500, so that should be equivalent to a 2.5 Ghz Pentium 4 (It actually in real life might be a bit lower - near a 2.4 GHz Pentium 4.) So you make the minimum processor requirements for the JABB library.

Go Back to forum