• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Clink, Clank, Clunk"

Share/Bookmark

"Clink, Clank, Clunk"

Marimba Lovers,

This is my marimba duet, "Clink, Clank, Clunk".

I use two instances of the GPO Symphonic Marimba.

Regards to all,

LGA

http://www.alexandermusic.com/resour...ClankClunk.mp3
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Clink, Clank, Clunk"

Nice job on this, Larry -- the marimba's one of my favorite instruments, though I rarely think to write for it.

Some fine instances of highly idiomatic writing just perfect for the marimba! It's a bit trickier to write well for this instrument than many would think.

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Nice job on this, Larry -- the marimba's one of my favorite instruments, though I rarely think to write for it.

Some fine instances of highly idiomatic writing just perfect for the marimba! It's a bit trickier to write well for this instrument than many would think.

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Dave,

The marimba used to be my most unfavorite instrument but I have come to like it through the years, especially after seeing a virtuoso performer playing with four mallets in EACH hand! The dude could play eight-part chords!

Thanks for taking the time to listen.

Best regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Dave,

The marimba used to be my most unfavorite instrument but I have come to like it through the years, especially after seeing a virtuoso performer playing with four mallets in EACH hand! The dude could play eight-part chords!

Thanks for taking the time to listen.

Best regards,

Larry A.
    Decades ago, a good friend at university (Tom Wubbenhorst) was practically a virtuoso at the marimba -- as you say, multiple mallets in each hand... it was amazing. I gained quite a lot of respect for the instrument from Tom -- in the hands of an able player, the marimba can have quite extraordinary capabilities.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Larry, that's great stuff!

there's so much to GPO that I haven't investigated yet. Listening to everybody's stuff gives me so many ideas, but I don't have the time to implement them.

listening to this put a big smile on my face, something that doesn't happen very often for me at work.
    Nigam Shah

American Songbook Project
    www.nigam.biz/songbook

Quote Originally Posted by nigamshah
    Larry, that's great stuff!

there's so much to GPO that I haven't investigated yet. Listening to everybody's stuff gives me so many ideas, but I don't have the time to implement them.

listening to this put a big smile on my face, something that doesn't happen very often for me at work.
    Greetings to you in Joisey City, New Joisey and thanks for listening and commenting.

I'm always happy when I can make a person's workday a tad better.

Best regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum