• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2006 MIDI Pedal Data

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2006 MIDI Pedal Data

I have figured out from the manual how to use the MIDI tool to edit continuous data for one measure. One measure is beautifully pedaled. The manual says I can copy the pedaling for the rest of the piece. I closed the window that I used to edit the data and am looking for some way to copy just the pedal data. The directions in the manual just don't spell it out sufficiently for me to get it. Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Finale 2006 MIDI Pedal Data

Quote Originally Posted by docdestructo62
    I have figured out from the manual how to use the MIDI tool to edit continuous data for one measure. One measure is beautifully pedaled. The manual says I can copy the pedaling for the rest of the piece. I closed the window that I used to edit the data and am looking for some way to copy just the pedal data. The directions in the manual just don't spell it out sufficiently for me to get it. Thanks in advance for any help.
    This is for Finale 2006. Are there any Finale experts out there?

With the mass edit menu, highlight the measure that you've made the midi adjustments to; I'm on a Mac, so I opt-shift-click the destination measure (the windows copy sequence is proabably similiar); the "items to copy" dialog box appears; click "uncheck all"; than just click "contiguous data under measure items.

That should do it.
    JT

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    With the mass edit menu, highlight the measure that you've made the midi adjustments to; I'm on a Mac, so I opt-shift-click the destination measure (the windows copy sequence is proabably similiar); the "items to copy" dialog box appears; click "uncheck all"; than just click "contiguous data under measure items.

That should do it.
    JT
    What a relief! Thanks for the help. I needed it for a concert this week-end.

Go Back to forum