• Register
  • Help

Topic: Double Desktop, anyone have this freeware?

Share/Bookmark

Double Desktop, anyone have this freeware?

Hi, I just read in this months EQ magazine, an article by Craig Anderton in which he mentioned this program called "Double Desktop". It essentially turns your single monitor into a dual monitor by toggling with a hotkey or a button on the toolbar. I've got it working for everyday stuff but I cant seem to make it work with Cubase SX. The problem is that: Cubase cant be stretched across two screens, and I cant seem to pull windows from inside the main Cubase window, outside of itself. For instance, I'd love to be able to have a main window with the project window inside of it and have the other screen either have the mixer or my active VSTs or something of that sort. I checked the Cubase forum and I didnt have much luck. Someone mentioned using the "Work Spaces" function in Cubase and they mentioned the shortcut to it was "W". So I tried that and it popped up but I really dont know how to make that work either. I feel not-so-smart right now and I've been working with Cubase for like two years I think. Just wondering if someone could help that has dealt with this. Also, I cant find anything in the PDF docs about "Workspaces". Very frustrating. Help Please?

Eric

Re: Double Desktop, anyone have this freeware?

Quote Originally Posted by EricWatkins
    Hi, I just read in this months EQ magazine, an article by Craig Anderton in which he mentioned this program called "Double Desktop". It essentially turns your single monitor into a dual monitor by toggling with a hotkey or a button on the toolbar. I've got it working for everyday stuff but I cant seem to make it work with Cubase SX. The problem is that: Cubase cant be stretched across two screens, and I cant seem to pull windows from inside the main Cubase window, outside of itself. For instance, I'd love to be able to have a main window with the project window inside of it and have the other screen either have the mixer or my active VSTs or something of that sort. I checked the Cubase forum and I didnt have much luck. Someone mentioned using the "Work Spaces" function in Cubase and they mentioned the shortcut to it was "W". So I tried that and it popped up but I really dont know how to make that work either. I feel not-so-smart right now and I've been working with Cubase for like two years I think. Just wondering if someone could help that has dealt with this. Also, I cant find anything in the PDF docs about "Workspaces". Very frustrating. Help Please?

Eric
    Cubase can be stretched across two screens. I use it with a Dual Head Matrox card. Get dual video card and a second monitor. You won't regret it.

Etracks.

Go Back to forum