• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Ivory for PC is here !!

Share/Bookmark

Talking Re: Ivory for PC is here !!

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Ivory for PC is here !!

They specify a P4. Is that because they forgot about the AMD or because for whatever reason there's a problem with it?

Ernie

Pity they dont have playable demos....I have enough libraries gathering dust :-(
    But after the glowing reports it is still a temptation....

Hmmmm, less enthusiam than I expected. Does everyone love Ivory so much they can't quit playing it long enough to give us some impressions? I know it's been out a while for Mac, but now that us PC folks are using it, I would expect a rash of post of either praise or complaints

The demos sound great, and I love the interface. I really want it, but I don't want to add another $349.00 sample to my library of unused "sounded good at the time" collection. I use the Bards Bose and Franky's C7 almost exclusively. I own others which I never use because they just don't measure up to these.

But Ivory has that sound I've been looking for. That studio, mic'd sound on the Yamaha, and Steinway is the best sampled Steiny I've heard. .Still, pianos samples will fool 'ya. You have to play them. . get intimate with them before you really know them.

Anybody feel like taking me into or talking me out of buying this?

Thanks!

Happy Ivory user here. I'll be picking up the 1.5 update and the PC version this week so I can take the load off of my mac sequencer and pawn it off on my "sound module" PC.

I'm really interested in seeing if I can get it playing smoothly on an Athlon 64 laptop.

Overall, it's my favorite v-piano that I've played bar none, and I have no hesitation in highly recommending it to anybody. Also, you can "deal" with guys & gals at the local music shop....I got it out the door for $300.

By the way, a good weighted 88 key controller is pretty much mandatory...which probably isn't news to anyone.

I'm planning to buy Ivory for PC but I wonder if my Yammy P-120 could be a good controller for it.

Is there anyone who use the P-120 as a controller for piano samples and could give his impressions?

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Suryaman
    I'm planning to buy Ivory for PC but I wonder if my Yammy P-120 could be a good controller for it.

Is there anyone who use the P-120 as a controller for piano samples and could give his impressions?

Thx
    Suryaman,
    I am thinking of replacing my Kurzweil PC-88 with a Yamaha P-120 or P-140.
    I would be interested in your feedback of how the P-120 works with other sample libraries.
    Thanks, Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by Delusion
    Also, you can "deal" with guys & gals at the local music shop....I got it out the door for $300.
    Wait a minute! I thought it was was only available through Ilio.

Looks like I'll be getting a price quote from my local music store tomorrow .

Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by ohernie
    Wait a minute! I thought it was was only available through Ilio.

Looks like I'll be getting a price quote from my local music store tomorrow .

Ernie

No, maybe you're thinking of VGP. I got my copy of Ivory right down the street at Sam Ash.

Go Back to forum