• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OK, Trying to Decide...Lyrical Distortion or Prominy

Share/Bookmark

OK, Trying to Decide...Lyrical Distortion or Prominy

Any wisdom, opinions, insight?

Thanks in advance
    Damon Sink
    G5 Dual 2 GHz, P4 3.8GHz, Logic Pro 7, Digital Performer, EWQLSO Platinum Pro XP, VSL, Kontakt2, Finale

Re: OK, Trying to Decide...Lyrical Distortion or Prominy

Prominy

Prominy is an excellent electric guitar lib, I can say because I have it (just the clean lib, though).
    I would say LD is probably very good too, but this is just a guess.
    Anyway both sound good on the demos.
    ---
    IMO the advantage of Prominy is a cleaner sound, which as far as I'm concerned allows more flexibility with processing and soundshaping if you have something like Amplitube, Guitar Rig, Tubifex, or even some decent free ampsims (fretted amps, tubex, etc..)
    ---
    Now,
    if I was you I would take the bet that LD will someday be in some group buy and so will be an even greater deal than today.
    So, why not benefiting now from the Prominy group buy, and get it at 50% (or maybe more) ?
    In 6 months, one year, chances are that you'll have the same opportunity with LD.
    ---
    My two%

Being a guitarist, I find both libraries (judging from the demos), to be excellent. Since Prominy has a group buy going on, with AT LEAST 50% discount, but it's not a bad guess saying that the price will drop...., it's a great opportunity to pick it up.
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Lyrical Distortion
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Prominy is probably the most complete option available, and at this price it's a great opportunity as Worra pointed... as every group buy ...

Listen to the demos. Both seem to be great buy and the best of the guitar libraries I've heard.

Prominy = Les Paul
    Lyrical Distortion = PRS + Mesa

Both quite different sounds IMO . Prominy does offer a clean on it's own so it depends what you want and what style you work in. Just some food for thought. My 2 Cents .

Cheers,
    Johnny - FXpansion Audio
    www.fxpansion.com

I love LD, but I think you can't pass up this Prominy group buy. For me, one important point in favor of Prominy is the large selection of chords.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Nice pic Alan

Let me just make 2 fast points...

1. LD is $149.99. You will not find a guitar library at said 'retail' cost that will produce such amazing results. That should say something.

2. There will not be a group buy. Why? It's a $149.99!

ps. LD2 is coming very soon!
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Thanks everyone for your responses. I'm leaning toward LD and maybe Prominy: clean only (I can introduce it to my friend, Nigel )
    Damon Sink
    G5 Dual 2 GHz, P4 3.8GHz, Logic Pro 7, Digital Performer, EWQLSO Platinum Pro XP, VSL, Kontakt2, Finale

Go Back to forum