• Register
  • Help

Topic: M-AUDIO Delta Audiophile 2496

Share/Bookmark

M-AUDIO Delta Audiophile 2496

Hi! i am trying to install the version 5.10.00.5051 driver for this PCI card into Windows XP Pro.

When the card was purchased, I used the attached CD-ROM to install an older driver which is 5.10.00.0051.

When executing the 5051 driver exe, it removes the 0051 and reboot.
    Then Windows XP detects the new hardware and try to install the driver.

But if at this stage, search automatically is selected, it finds the older 0051 and install the older version.

At this stage I cannot select the inf file for the newest 5051 driver because it is exe file format.

How can I completely remode the older 0051 driver from Windows XP then to install the 5051 driver ?

Cheers

Re: M-AUDIO Delta Audiophile 2496

Don't let the machine automatically look for the driver. Set the path manually. Cheers, jc

I think there's a driver uninstall program on M-Audio's site too. It should remove any trace of previous drivers.
    ---------------------------
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com
    ---------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Cairns
    I think there's a driver uninstall program on M-Audio's site too. It should remove any trace of previous drivers.
    Thanks for your reply, but I could not find such utility at M-AUDIO site.

Can you give me URL link ?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by yankeezulu
    Don't let the machine automatically look for the driver. Set the path manually. Cheers, jc
    Thanls for your reply.

As I wrote in my first post, the new driver is provided as an exe file format. So there is no way to specify the driver file manually.

Cheers

Okay, uninstall the device from harware>device manager and also if it appears in programs delete it from add and delete programs in control panel. Then run the EXE(cutible) file to install the new drivers. Reboot the machine and let it automatically install the correct driver. Cheers, jc

Quote Originally Posted by yankeezulu
    Okay, uninstall the device from harware>device manager and also if it appears in programs delete it from add and delete programs in control panel. Then run the EXE(cutible) file to install the new drivers. Reboot the machine and let it automatically install the correct driver. Cheers, jc
    Thanks. now the newest driver is installed.

But only SPDI/F out works. No audio from analog output !
    All control panel setting is correct.
    Looks like the analog out is dead.

Go Back to forum