• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Album taster Flute Solo

Share/Bookmark

Album taster Flute Solo

Here is a very rough mix,of an excerpt of a track, from my upcoming Album.
    The reason for this shameless act of self publicity,is an attempt to address the balance with my flute player Gareth Lockrane.
    The last time I posted, it was Gareth doing my thing.
    This is Gareth doing his thing.His ideas, his solo.
    GPO Pno, Tpt, Trombone.Programmed Drums and Bass to be replaced by JABB.(If I ever get my sweaty little hands on it. )
    In this excerpt Gareth uses his Acid Flute technique. For those of you who think Flute is a gentle delicate instrument, check out the Aggression of his sound.The Flute is on fire !!!!

Joaz Album Excerpt

For my Italian friends , this track will be released on an upcoming compilation from Irma records.(Bologna)
    regards

Re: Album taster Flute Solo

Sounds like a winner coming down the pike and you're right, he's on fire. My ears are more accustomed to a Mozart flute and Gareth conveys an aggressiveness that's quite amazing. I was particularly struck by the opening where the flute is paired with the trumpet and Gareth holds his own. Also the passage at 0:43 stands out. I didn't know the flute was capable of sounds like that. BTW, if you don't promote your self, who will?
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

That is cooking!

Your music is a joy to me. Thanks for posting.

Best regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Thumbs up Re: Album taster Flute Solo

Best wishes for the sales then!!
    I'm certain it will receive a good feedback, less certain about copies sales, because of the records and CD market big chrisis of today. Hope your editor will do a good work.

Your sound is fantastic, I imagine wonderful broadcasting opportunities (radio, soundtracks etc.) for your music. Live it would be a real show...

Great piece of music and excellent flute playing. That's JAZZ!!

The balance sounds good to my old band directors ears(can you say too many marching band drums over the years). The brass are a little back, but I think that the flute is what you intended to have us hear. I love the music and can't wait to hear the CD.

RichR

Wow!

This was Great!!!

At around .44 it seemed the flute was paired with an accompanied instrument( or was it?)… had a unique "screaming guitar" feel to it…. Very nice!

...can't wait to hear it finished.

Although already said in this thread:

WOW!

Downright flaming-through-the-sky, Joaz. Gareth's flute work is incredible -- never heard anything like it! What a sound! How does he DO that? Sounds like it'd just about rip his lips off... lol.

Can't wait to hear the rest of this... listened to this snippet about a half dozen times.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio
    Best wishes for the sales then!!
    I'm certain it will receive a good feedback, less certain about copies sales, because of the records and CD market big chrisis of today. Hope your editor will do a good work.

Your sound is fantastic, I imagine wonderful broadcasting opportunities (radio, soundtracks etc.) for your music. Live it would be a real show...
    Thank you Fabio, yes, sales are down in every sector of the music industry.
    Irma are a great label, they also have offices in London and New York, so maybe it will open things up a bit in the USA for my band.
    regards

Quote Originally Posted by RichR
    Great piece of music and excellent flute playing. That's JAZZ!!

The balance sounds good to my old band directors ears(can you say too many marching band drums over the years). The brass are a little back, but I think that the flute is what you intended to have us hear. I love the music and can't wait to hear the CD.

RichR
    Yes Rich it is just a little rough mix, to illustrate the flute.
    I am recording the live Trumpet on wednesday.
    regards

Quote Originally Posted by jsp2

This was Great!!!
    At around .44 it seemed the flute was paired with an accompanied instrument( or was it?)… had a unique "screaming guitar" feel to it
    Heh ,heh ,yeah I remember the first time I heard him do this on one of our gigs.I thought he had ran to the back of the stage when I wasn't looking and turned his amp up to 11.Then I remembered that flute players don't have amps.
    No studio trickery inviolved, I just pushed up the fader and splashed a bit of verb on it.
    regards

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast