• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: VSTi Host ------------ re: V-stack etc....

Share/Bookmark

V-stack and or --- Tiger's MOL and Audio over LAN???

Is there any V-stack type app that will let you sync to MTC? I use V-stack on Mac and PC but it would be kinda nice to be able to sync to tempo, why the heck isn't this possible in V-stack yet? Anyway......... any alternatives?

Haven't followed what's current in this regard...........

I just tried to sync two DP's together in hops that that would give me more flexibility but DP slaves like crap... so that's out. BTW - - I tried midi over LAN (mac to mac) not a fan.

Any ideas? Thanks..........

Re: VSTi Host ------------ re: V-stack etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    What software did you use to do this? Did you try Apple's version of MOL that's built right into Tiger? Also, is your ethernet network up to snuff? Are you using a decent ethernet switch, preferably Gigabit, and decent CAT6 cabling?

Lee Blaske

speaking of which - anybody using the apple midi & audio over lan thing successfully? i've got a retired G4 that's slacking off so i'm looking to put it to work.

also i read in SOS about an AU host for Mac that comes with the apple developer tools. anybody try that? does it sync to midi?

sorry to hijack your thread Kid. it bites that VSTack doesn't sync to midi. doesn't seem like there's been any further development with it either...

peace,
    j
    John DeBorde

Composer of Music for Film, TV and Interactive Media

Forte by Brainspawn might work for you....it can sync to MIDI clock.

I user Tiger's MOL and Audio over LAN plugins daily. I've got a quicksilver G4 that I use to load up more instruments.

Lee - it's not that it didn't work, I just find it~confusing to use.

John - no prob, I'm curious myself if it syncs to midi.

Delusion - that app is for PC only, far as I can tell. Where talking about mac.

Jordo - can you go into a little more detail. Like, are you able to sync VSTis' to MTC so you can do tempo changes?

Quote Originally Posted by kid-surf
    Jordo - can you go into a little more detail. Like, are you able to sync VSTis' to MTC so you can do tempo changes?

I'd be interested in hearing more about your results too Jordo. Like any limitations or problems you've run across.

TIA
    john
    John DeBorde

Quote Originally Posted by kid-surf
    Lee - it's not that it didn't work, I just find it~confusing to use.
    kid- i found MoL to be pretty confusing to set up too, but now that i've got it going it works just like any other midi interface. i really don't think about it at all.

cheers,
    j
    John DeBorde

Kid, I agree with John-wierd to get going, works fine from then on. Name the ports and the plug, so you don't have a 40-character port name. Mine in AudioMidi is named MoL, so all myu ports are MoL1-1 (port 1, midi channel 1)

If you're talking about Tiger, I'm still on 3.9
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Guys --- yeah I'm referring to Tiger (2 macs on Tiger actually --- took the plunge so I could get the export to Vid option) but it seems I have the midi working now. But yeah, I guess it's "A LOT" easier to get going vs the days of Freemidi and such. Oh god were those some hellish times......... thank god that saga is over with, eh!?!?

Now I'd just like hear about the other and how/if it's able to sync midi and all that good stuff! I'd love to be able to sync my second mac up in that way. I was thinking I might try to run two versions of DP synced and use the G5 as the main box and us the G4 to sync up VST's and such but still be able to mix them right inside DP on "that" box and fly in the sub mix. Seems I don't really have a good option right now..... or maybe I'm missing something?

I think I need to change the title of this thread..........

thanks guys!

Kid,
    After reading your initial post, i went to the apple site to check out alternatives. There has just been posted an NODE PERFORMANCE patch which i gather addresses some issues with connectability.
    There may be actually no need to seek a 'V Stack' of any sort.

As i read it (and i'm no techie) you simply plug your second box in through gigabit ethernet, making sure you have 10.4.2. installed on both computers, with node software activated, and tiger takes care of it, with nodes showing up in Logic. (If there's any logic/tiger experts out there who see something wrong in my explanation, jump in now.)

Regards,

Alex.

Go Back to forum