• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Bela D 'Voices of the Young' vs. Symphony of Voices

Share/Bookmark

Bela D 'Voices of the Young' vs. Symphony of Voices

I know they're not directly comprable...I know one's a focused library and the other a more comprehensive library...but I was hoping someone could help me decide by throwing out any opinions/thoughts you had, even if you don't directly compare the two.

thanks in advance!

Smile Re: Bela D 'Voices of the Young' vs. Symphony of Voices

I only have SOV. I have to say that I absolutely love it. However, after hearing Giovanni demos I know that I must have it also. So goes the curse of gear lust. Seriously though, I love SOV and it does cover more ground than Giovanni as far as types of singers but Giovanni sounds way more present to me and like a newer production. Dont get me wrong, Sov's quality is outstanding but Giovanni sounds like a newer production to me. Perhaps a bit more crisp. Also, I think that Giovanni has a word building utility. SOV only has certain phrases. Hate to ride the fence like this but if you can, get both. I doubt that they cross paths too terribly much. THe boys choirs on SOV sound great for the Oohs Ahs, etc etc. But I'm sure Giovanni trumps that portion. Hope this helps. There is also EWQL Symphnoic choirs but I cant say as I've heard anything but complaints about getting good results from it. There are a bunch of demos at www.soundsonline.com. Best of luck. If you have any specific questions about SOV feel free to PM or email me.

Eric

Re: Bela D 'Voices of the Young' vs. Symphony of Voices

Quote Originally Posted by EricWatkins
    There is also EWQL Symphnoic choirs but I cant say as I've heard anything but complaints about getting good results from it. There are a bunch of demos at www.soundsonline.com. Best of luck. If you have any specific questions about SOV feel free to PM or email me.

Eric
    There's one guy out there that has mastered EWSC. Check out this composition.
    http://www.soundsonline.com/cd_mp3_demos/228051.mp3

Nothing, choir wise (or compositionally for that matter), come close to this masterpiece.

Darren

I really like Giovani, once you get a hang of the vocal control you have an amazing expressive childrens chior.
    I have heard the infamous soundsonline demo by Thomas J, I wouldn't call it a masterpiece but it's a good mix like all his mixes and certianly shows off what EWQL Chiro can do when you know what your doing.
    I think it depends on what you really want and what your going to use your chior for. There are a lot of Giovani demos that show off just how great Giovani is, it's a great Chior Lib to own, the price is right too.
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

I have both SoV and Giovani. They are both very excellent, but really quite different. How do you plan to use the library you decide on? Figuring that out should really help make it clear which one is the best fit for you...

Matthew

Thumbs up Re: Bela D 'Voices of the Young' vs. Symphony of Voices

Giovani is a must for every composer. GIO is with DIVA the most expressive vocal library I know. The Vocal Control of GIO is amazing and don't forget legato... is really awesome!!! IMO Bela D have become the king of vocal samples without doubt.
    Just waiting for the solo boys...
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

I totally Agree Tari^_-
    I just ordered the DIVA Bundle, though I won't have time to use it music right away I know its just going to kick ***!! and I won't be able to help myself LOL!!!
    I look forward to any vocal Lib Bel D Puts out, I bet the future looks good for vocal libs
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StrangeCat
    I totally Agree Tari^_-
    I just ordered the DIVA Bundle, though I won't have time to use it music right away I know its just going to kick ***!! and I won't be able to help myself LOL!!!
    I look forward to any vocal Lib Bel D Puts out, I bet the future looks good for vocal libs
    Yes, StrangeCat!! I hope that future will be full of voices like GIO and DIVA!!! But no problem, it seems that Bela D guys work 24 h a day, they always have a new project in the near future...
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

I have to agree with the prior posts that the Bela D stuff is very nice. They are working on more choir libraries also - they will expand into a full adult choir library at some point. This is likely to also come with Vocal Control which is super cool and powerful. If you're looking for a modern library but need adult choirs rather than children, you may want to wait if you can. If you can't wait and you need an adult choir then SoV is probably the best bet for now...

Matthew

Thanks so much for all your replies! I do classical stuff (GPO/Overture4) and the addition of the human voice will be greatly appreciated and will make a huge difference in my music.

I knew from the get-go I'd have to get both libraries...eventually...they're so well liked and well reviewed and they offer so much...I just needed help deciding which one came first.

It will probably be SOV, but I may change at the last moment...

Thanks again!

Go Back to forum