• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Factory multi's causing Runtime error

Share/Bookmark

New Factory multi's causing Runtime error

Hi there,

Love the new multi's (cinematic especially). As I have gone through them to audition them. It locks up SX 3.x and tells me it is

'runtime - visual basic error'.

Is there a way I can stop this.

Thanks in advance.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Re: New Factory multi's causing Runtime error

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Elliott
    Hi there,

Love the new multi's (cinematic especially). As I have gone through them to audition them. It locks up SX 3.x and tells me it is

Thanks in advance.

Rob
    What Multi causes this?

It was a couple on the list. by memory - the one that is 130 BPM. I think they were prison break and takedown.

Ended up using Persucution (nice one BTW). Doesn't crash on that (It is the one I wanted anyway

Let me know if I can do anything hear. I really don't want to check any others out for fear of having to reboot again.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Tell me about your system specs and what was happening/how much stuff was loaded when you tried the multis.

We tested the multis thoroughly on Mac and Windows, so you shouldn't be having crashing or rebooting problems.

Let us know as much info as you can.

Thanks Eric.

My host is 3.0 ghz/ 2 gig Ram

At point of runtime error, SX 3.x (latest build) was using about 1100 MB of Ram.

Like I say the 'persucution' multi didn't have any problems (using it now) - but perhaps that is because it is 'smaller' in size.

On that host I have one instance of Atmosphere and kontakt running as well.

This is a short I am working on (only 20 mins) - I had hoped to run the whole project on one SX project - but if you think it best - I can run this 5 min action cue on a seperate project. Thanks in advance.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Maybe it is happening while you audition RMX multis, but that error is not coming from RMX. It might be Kontakt or another application entirely. As an experiment, try auditioning the RMX multis while you have no other plugins loaded.

- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Elliott
    Hi there,

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO
    Maybe it is happening while you audition RMX multis, but that error is not coming from RMX. It might be Kontakt or another application entirely. As an experiment, try auditioning the RMX multis while you have no other plugins loaded.

- Glenn

Hi Glenn - I guess that is always a possibility and I'll try it alone, but this only happens when I open RMX and try just these specific multi's.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

I think I was just too close to the limit on Ram. Took that project and shed my instances of Atmosphere and Kontakt (was at 1200 MB of Ram usuage). No problems with RMX.

On their Host PC DAWs - what is everyone getting in Ram usuage (considering 2 gig ram installed)?

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Strictly speaking, the resource you're running out of is virtual memory, not RAM.

On Windows, Cubase is probably the stingiest of all hosts, with a limit of around 1.3Gb. So, if you were using 1.2Gb after loading Kontakt and Atmosphere, that left very little for any other plugins. Other hosts usually have somewhat higher limits, sometimes ranging up to 2Gb.

If you want to raise that limit, you should investigate using the /3Gb switch in your boot.ini file, which raises that limit significantly. There was a topic on this forum that had instructions and cautions about this. Search for boot.ini and you should be able to find it, but please heed the cautions.

- Glenn

Go Back to forum