• Register
  • Help

Topic: BSOD on giga PC

Share/Bookmark

BSOD on giga PC

Hi there,

Ever since I updated my gigs to 3.0 I have had a number of problems.

My new problem on a different giga PC (than the one that was rebooting on incoming midi) is it is now giving me BSOD - just during playback during a sequence (and not regular times or events either).

It says something like

"Driver_IRQL not_less_than_or_equal_to..."

Why would this all of the sudden creep up now (after having the update and 3.12 working so perfect for so many months :cry:

Can anyone help me keep from these crashes??

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Re: BSOD on giga PC

Yes, I have same problem.

During first time it occured then I close other programs (Cubase SX). Then, it occured at moving wav-file from a disk on other disk. I have found out, that it was because of an antivirus (Kaspersky). I have removed an antivirus, but the problem has remained.
    Now at attempt to press the record button in wav-file in Gigasudio, appears the dark blue screen with this inscription: IRQL not_less_than_or_equal.
    Tried everything, that was in my forces - without results!!!

Somebody knows that it is particularly necessary to do?
    Can be problem in memory modules?
    I Have DDR II in a two-channel mode. Can memory with ECC is necessary?

Very strange but for ME - it was simply Giga perfomances that were corrupted (AFTER updating the gigs to 3.0). It seems I cannot use ANY of my old perfs (prior to my updating).

Live and learn. NEVER update UNLESS there is a problem - and even that probably should be done with caution.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

a couple of comments here:

1. i get this BSOD too on one of my machines just about once a day. it seems to randonly happen (ie-not associated with a certain event). this is with XP home sp2. i have an almost identical machine (except XP pro sp1) that it never happens on, so i'm going to try a reinstall when i get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Elliott
    Very strange but for ME - it was simply Giga perfomances that were corrupted (AFTER updating the gigs to 3.0). It seems I cannot use ANY of my old perfs (prior to my updating).

Live and learn. NEVER update UNLESS there is a problem - and even that probably should be done with caution.

Rob
    2. Rob - you might want to check your memory config settings. i had the problem you are describing with .gsp's being corrupted, and i seem to recall tracing it down to my memory config settings.

i tried a different setting that didn't allow me to load as much (as per msg.32), but gave me a much more stable machine.

i think what appears to be file corruption may be an attempt to load more than is allowed by memory in some instances.

re-#1 i'd sure like to get this one figured out!

re-#2 i hope this helps!

john
    John DeBorde

Composer of Music for Film, TV and Interactive Media

Hi John -

Which setting is it that gave you the more stable system?

I totally rebuilt the .gsp's from scratch and NO BSOD. But I am willing to try anything to get to the previous files (to my updating the 3.0 gigs).
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Hi John -

Which setting is it that gave you the more stable system?

I totally rebuilt the .gsp's from scratch and NO BSOD. But I am willing to try anything to get to the previous files (to my updating the 3.0 gigs).

on this particular machine it is 40,4000000,0,0 -but you will probably have to experiment to get the right one for yours.

like i said, this machine was able to load more with other settings, but on a whim i decided to try the settings that worked on my other (almost hardware identical) machine.

it's just a testament to how much voodoo is involved that these two machines yielded different results with similar settings.

also, if any of your old .gsp's were close to maxing out your memory, then keep in mind that changing the memory settings could affect their ability to load as well.

and as a disclaimer, i don't profess any expertise with this stuff, just that your sitch struck a note with me and mine. so your mileage may vary.

good luck!
    John DeBorde

Composer of Music for Film, TV and Interactive Media

Talking Re: BSOD on giga PC

Rob
    Hi, Rob!

Yesterday I have reinstalled WIN XP SP2 Pro. Then I has put Gigastudio 3.10. Next, I install only those drivers, which are necessary for its work, i.e. the minimum. Then I have transformed .gig to versions 3.0. I do not change any over options in Gigastudio. But nothing has changed - BSOD.
    Please, describe sequence of actions which you carried out and after which BSOD did not become. Probably, these actions border on "shamanism" as really good soft should work stably in any case.

I am on SP 1. The fix for me was simply starting from scratch on the .gsp's (if I use any of my 'pre update 3.0' gsp's I get BSOD (tried it again yesterday).

Any new projects are fine.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Go Back to forum