• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: PMI 96Pro : pre-release preview demos!

Share/Bookmark

PMI 96Pro : pre-release preview demos!

The upcoming PMI 96Pro Piano is getting near a release date.
    The demos below are work in progress. In this case GigaStudio3 software was used to create a few demos. GigaStudio 3 has GigaPulse built-in for additional IR-based features. The demos show the piano witout any GP effects as well as several of the GP presets that will be included in the final product. Note that the sustain pedal behaviour in the following demos has an extra focus on spaciousness to demonstrate how this can be used to create a wide resonating sound.
    We have a collection of GigaPulse content varying from halls, rooms, churches to body resonances, vintage gear and microphone emulations. All IR's are also 96k/24bit.

96Pro Pre-Release demos.
    -------------------------
    Small Chamber GigaPulse Preset:

Evocation, No FX

Sonata in F min 96Pro No GP

Same Sonata with GP Steroizer preset.

Other demos and full product info can be found on www.postpiano.com
    Follow the "latest releases" link below!
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Re: PMI 96Pro : pre-release preview demos!

Is it a secret which piano this is? Or I get a prize if I guess it?

Ho yes, I guess it's a C7.
    Did I win a free copy ?

Well, at 595USD, it's my only chance to get it...

I like the "96 concrete room" 1 and 2 at your site. These are VERY realistic, albeit super-ambient demos. For ambient demos, nothing beats them, obviously. At least, I sure haven't heard anything that comes even close for realism. An improvement on the wet pmi bos, which used to be the best ambient (wet) piano-sample out there. So this is the new benchmark in wet piano samples, no question about it.

The demos above, on the other hand, which employ the damper pedal, have a "non-real" aspect to them, viz: as soon as the pedal is used the piano sounds like it's in a completely different environment.

JG

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGrant
    I like the "96 concrete room" 1 and 2 at your site. These are VERY realistic, albeit super-ambient demos. For ambient demos, nothing beats them, obviously. At least, I sure haven't heard anything that comes even close for realism. An improvement on the wet pmi bos, which used to be the best ambient (wet) piano-sample out there. So this is the new benchmark in wet piano samples, no question about it.

The demos above, on the other hand, which employ the damper pedal, have a "non-real" aspect to them, viz: as soon as the pedal is used the piano sounds like it's in a completely different environment.

JG
    Hi John,

Thanks for the compliments. More realistic than the Wet PMI Bos290 is a benchmark!
    The sustain pedal sounds are extremely flexible in this new piano. You can swap the resonance elements in a matrix-like fashion. Simply loading another sustain set. Same for hammer and release sounds. All modular in structure. You can even load the brand of piano you like best. No other piano library has such a modular structure and will be so easy to use.

If (!) I get my Giga3 rig running tomorrow I´ll redo all these demos with a moderate sustain pedal soundset to show how that works.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

sooo...my main Giga system refuses to let GS3 start up.... ... I did some demos with a second machine, albeit it does not have exactly the same sequencer etc.
    The demo of Evocation that is above is now re-done with a less spacious sustain pedal set, to overcome the exaggerated spaciousness in the previous version.
    EVOCATION CLEAN less resonant

And here is another nice little clip that has a moderate amount of sustain:
    96Pro demo 3

And here is a side by side comparison clip. The midi is the same file that Worra used for a TBO demo, just to set these two pianos side by side:
    96Pro demo 1 and TBO demo 1 on Sampletekk's website.

Enjoy!
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Congratulations, Michiel. Very nicely sampled piano, good demos
    Kornel
    http://music.mezo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Post
    sooo...my main Giga system refuses to let GS3 start up.... ... I did some demos with a second machine, albeit it does not have exactly the same sequencer etc.
    The demo of Evocation that is above is now re-done with a less spacious sustain pedal set, to overcome the exaggerated spaciousness in the previous version.
    EVOCATION CLEAN less resonant

And here is another nice little clip that has a moderate amount of sustain:
    96Pro demo 3

And here is a side by side comparison clip. The midi is the same file that Worra used for a TBO demo, just to set these two pianos side by side:

Enjoy!
    Michiel,

I'm no expert but I'm glad you made adjustments here. Uncharacteristically perhaps, I didn't like to say what I heard, but it sounded as if the sustain pedal was connected to a deep reverb. I thought it sounded very strange.....I must listen to the new version now.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Post

Cool! Good to have the same MIDI's for several different sampled pianos. This is something that we should pick up on among us producers! Would be a great way to compare different pianos from different companies, (altough actually playing them are still the best!)
    Just a small comment: Your piano are using convoluting and TBO, for this demo, doesn't. I'll make a new demo using the same MIDI tomorrow with the impulses/convoluting for TBO.
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Well, this is interesting. Once adjustments are made for the vastly discrepent volumes of the samples, they are, I think, equally good in their own way. The convolve on the pm96 does make for a very different sound, and the sample appears to have more bass end. But obviously that sort of thing could be easily adjusted for, thus making the samples more similar in respect to the dynamics of the bass relative to the treble.

Again, I wouldn't want to have to choose between them.

JG

Go Back to forum