• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New features request thread for RMX 1.6

Share/Bookmark

New features request thread for RMX 1.6

I love the new update, nonetheless there are some items I'd like to see in the next RMX rev.

Chaos pitch quantize option - so when the pitch changes, it's in half-steps, not random pitch. A button for 'quantize' along with a notation on the knob that once quantize is selected, tells you how many half-steps are selected (plus or minus would determine the direction, as always.

A way to remove tracks from performance once they have been used: as it is, once you select a sound in a track, it will not turn off. In 1.5, it appears that if you select the default 'sound check' it is playing a note every phrase (didn't do this in 1.1, perhaps a bug? I have to select a Sound Menu now to silence the track (or mute it, which is also a pain...

Any other ideas, suggestions, etc. for upgrade?
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Re: New features request thread for RMX 1.6

"A way to remove tracks from performance once they have been used: as it is, once you select a sound in a track, it will not turn off. In 1.5, it appears that if you select the default 'sound check' it is playing a note every phrase (didn't do this in 1.1, perhaps a bug? I have to select a Sound Menu now to silence the track (or mute it, which is also a pain.."

do you mean the "Part Clear" option? if not, could you perhaps re-explain that? I'm not exactly understanding your definition of 'performance'

Quote Originally Posted by thesoundsmith
    A way to remove tracks from performance once they have been used: as it is, once you select a sound in a track, it will not turn off.
    That's what Part Clear is for...always been there. :-)

Read the "Part Management" chapter in the Reference Guide.

In 1.5, it appears that if you select the default 'sound check' it is playing a note every phrase - didn't do this in 1.1, perhaps a bug? I have to select a Sound Menu now to silence the track (or mute it, which is also a pain...
    ?? it's the same as it's always been. Sound Check does play a note every measure...same as before. Selecting any sound will remove it...same as always.

If you would like to have a different directory open in your system, you can change the default settings.

Read the chapter called "Defaults" in the Reference Guide which explains how to do this.

Doh! Sorry - I have never had the Sound Check play before in DP. But I've been several revs back, and never had to look for a Part Clear - I just reset it and it always shut up...

As is not unusual these days, the bug is in my brain...

But what about the pitch quantize option?
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

I had hoped the default for each and every new channel you pick, would have been where you were on the channel before. I find myself navigating back with the browser, to where I've been in most every case.

So I'd like to see a default for this (call it memory mode default).

Read the chapter in the Reference Guide called "Defaults", it'll give a good idea of what you can do now in terms of customize how you'd like to have RMX setup when it opens.

Little different than what you are requesting, but it will get you some of the way there.

Yes, the 1.5 update is awesome. Truly amazing how an almost perfect plugin became better.

My suggestions is:
    - slicing tool for importing new audio loop and to edit existing ones (so no need Recycle anymore)
    - Supreme Beats SAGE Expanger: i know its not a GC library, but the most amazing percussion cd ever

Yeah, Eric, can we suggest new Expanders?

Bass Legends (it's doable! I did it for a few grooves in Recycle, then imported them in Stylus and they worked really well....I know it's a bitch to program but you'd definitely get my money!)

Supreme Beats - I second that, or really anything ethnic that's not necessarily techno also.

Fingerstyle - I love this library but it's soo limited by the samples, if you guys could Stylus-ize this one that would be awesome.

Really anything with pitched instruments or anything ethnic would be really appreciated. I think that Stylus can definitely handle pitched grooves, it is way more elegant and powerful than Apple Loops, and as far as tempo stretching abilities, it blows Intakt-based loops out of the water.

Just for the record, Stylus RMX is my best purchase this year, I have already used it extensively in a major advertising campaign, and two feature films, and am currently using it in a pilot that I'm scoring for Sci Fi Channel....I love it and I can't get enough of it (and unfortunately my competitors can't either!)
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Wink Re: New features request thread for RMX 1.6

Quote Originally Posted by midphase

Just for the record, Stylus RMX is my best purchase this year,
    Just for the record, thus far, Stylus is the best aquisition of my lifetime!!!
    End of story..... closest competitor.......6.7 million miles to the rear captain........warp 8 standard full ahead ensign........good day!....

Stylus RMX rocks!

Here is a feature I would love to see: A toggle button that when activated would automatically open the browser to the last location (set of grooves) when opening a new part. Here's an example. Say I have decided to use Backbeat groove Goin On 2 for my verse. I would now like to put Goin On fill a in slot 2 for the transition, and Goin On Ride in slot 3 for the chorus. Every time I open a new slot, I have to navigate back to the Goin On suite to select my groove. I would like the button to automatically open the browser where I last left off.

Thanks for listening!

Go Back to forum