• Register
  • Help

Topic: Slow Loading RMX

Share/Bookmark

Slow Loading RMX

For some reason, it's taking forever to load a blank RMX for me. I see in the 1.5 videos how fast it opens and I can't figure out what's wrong with mine. I'm on a Dual 2.5, 2.5 gigs RAM, Logic 7.1, Protools HD2 hardware running DAE/DTDM. It's running on an inernal fast SATA drive that's not anywhere close to being full. Any ideas on things I can try? It's slow to open even in a new project with nothing else loaded. I was having this problem before the 1.5 update. It literally takes 30sec. to a minute to open a new instance of RMX.

Thanks and love the products....

Jeff

Re: Slow Loading RMX

Quote Originally Posted by donimon
    For some reason, it's taking forever to load a blank RMX for me. I see in the 1.5 videos how fast it opens and I can't figure out what's wrong with mine. I'm on a Dual 2.5, 2.5 gigs RAM, Logic 7.1, Protools HD2 hardware running DAE/DTDM. It's running on an inernal fast SATA drive that's not anywhere close to being full. Any ideas on things I can try? It's slow to open even in a new project with nothing else loaded. I was having this problem before the 1.5 update. It literally takes 30sec. to a minute to open a new instance of RMX.

Thanks and love the products....

Jeff
    Hi Jeff,

It is only 10 seconds here on my dual 2.0, 2 gig ram, w/ Logic 7.1.1. If you try opening it in Logic with Core Audio selected instead of DAE/TDM does that make a difference? If not you may need to either trash your prefs and/or repair permissions.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Keep in mind that many of the videos are edited...not much point to watch the plug-in opening after all! :-)

Putting the SAGE directory on a really fast drive makes a big difference in the instanciation time.

Thanks for the response guys. That's pretty funny, I never really thought that you probably edited the opening time on the videos - makes perfect sense and don't I feel stupid!

Oh well, it still sounds killer - worth the wait...

Quote Originally Posted by donimon
    Thanks for the response guys. That's pretty funny, I never really thought that you probably edited the opening time on the videos - makes perfect sense and don't I feel stupid!

Oh well, it still sounds killer - worth the wait...
    Well, fine, but the fact that they edited the video doesn't explain why it is faster opening on my slower machine, Jeff.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

That is really odd ... RMX only takes maybe 5-6 secs to open an instance on my comp and I'm only sitting with 1gig of ram. Athlon 64 3000+ ... but I'm PC .. i don't know a thing about the macs ... but I hope you get that figured out .. waiting can be torture when you want to get that inspirational moment cranked out

good luck

Go Back to forum