• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Gina 3G compatible with what MOBO?

Share/Bookmark

Gina 3G compatible with what MOBO?

I'm about to buy a new DAW, and it would likely have a MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (nForce 3 Ultra chipset) motherboard. I use, and would be using, Echo Audio Gina 3G as my audio interface. However, at the Echo site it says that Echo products may not be compatible with MSI boards. So will the Gina3G work with that motherboard?

If not, what motherboard should I select for a AMD Athlon 64 socket 939 setup? The 'compatible chipsets' list at the Echo site seems a bit outdated...

Re: Gina 3G compatible with what MOBO?

the new Echo has problems

i would ditch it!

Scott
    ADK

Quote Originally Posted by Jcschild
    the new Echo has problems

i would ditch it!

Scott
    ADK
    What kind of problems? I have a Layla 3G with no problems.

I have an Gina3G with a Intel 865BGF mobo and it's fine.

Marko

HI,

i am guessing Driver issues. have seen it with both Intel and AMD.

i loved the older Layla 24.

Scott
    ADK

Seems to work with the Intel 865, 875 and 915 chipsets. I've built quite a few and haven't had any problems. The nice thing about the old Gina 24s is they're selling dirt cheap on ebay. Just a thought. Cheers, jc

every system i sold with a G3 i got the G3 back.
    this includes AMD and Intel systems
    they were very happy with the Presonus firepods i replaced them with

very odd things too like Soundforge would wok fine but pops clicks with Sonar.
    another guy could use Ableton Live with it but Cubase would give him fits at lower buffers.
    we tested it here and could reproduce the issues about 1/2 the time

FYI i have 1 G3 left for sale, used for about 3 days $100 off

Scott
    ADK

I had many go arounds with the Gina 3G, and while there were post's of people having success with it , nobody was able to email me as to what their settings were to have a good running setup ....I could run Giga WITHOUT running a sequencer program , but it would not share the same computer with a sequencer program ....My motherboard is the Asus P4C800-E Deluxe with Intel chipset ... I could also run any sequencer program without Giga with no problems.....When I ran Giga by itself, I had to run it with Echo's special drivers ...They were the "Purewave" drivers .....This was the ONLY way that I could run Giga ....Echo support was little help ... I now drive Giga in this computer with the Gina3G with a DIFFERENT computer , and use the 3G computer as a stand alone Giga computer and as a module ... If I had known that I would have so many problems with the 3G I would have never bought it ....There are better cards to use if you want to run a sequencer program AND Giga in the same computer .... Make sure you document how folks that have a 3G setup and working well, so you can refer to them when you go thru what I went thru with my setup should you decide to go with the 3G...... Jim

Sorry I missed the part about running two programs at the same time. My boxes are stand alone sound sources so I haven't run across your problem. I agree the 3Gs work just fine for a stand alone box. Cheers, jc

Quote Originally Posted by panzerD
    What kind of problems? I have a Layla 3G with no problems.
    What board and chip are you using it with? I have a Layla 3G in a temporary (family) computer and I need to upgrade it (get my own). Just want something that works good. Thanks.

Go Back to forum