• Register
  • Help

Topic: I cannot convert EThno Techno, Big BAD Beats, etc

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy I cannot convert EThno Techno, Big BAD Beats, etc

Please i cannot convert with RMX 1.5 version, my ethno techno, Big Bad Beats, Noiz Box, librarys etc....my computer try read the cds and then eject the disc. What is the problem? Anybody have the same problem?

Re: I cannot convert EThno Techno, Big BAD Beats, etc

Are you sure you have the Groove Control CDROM versions of those libraries? The audio versions won't work.

- Glenn

Yes, all Groove Control. I dont Know what happend. Whwn i try with Ethno, for example in the disc 1 and 2 is read very fast and disc 3 is very slowly. At the end theres is nothing. There is not folder with Ethno Techno

In the 1.2 version, when i convert Backbeat, retro funk, etc i dont Had any problem. Thank you for your help

Quote Originally Posted by keynoise
    Yes, all Groove Control. I dont Know what happend. Whwn i try with Ethno, for example in the disc 1 and 2 is read very fast and disc 3 is very slowly. At the end theres is nothing. There is not folder with Ethno Techno
    Are you sure you are using SAGE Converter 1.5k?

Do you have the Application in the installed folder that includes the midi.dat file, or did you move the app?

Yes the app is in Sage Converter OSX. I try several times and now all is convert without problem. I dont Know why. Thank you for your help. Congratulations for all toys.....the 1.5 is marvelous.....Soon have i will multis with Ethno, Bid Bag etc ?

You say the computer keeps ejecting your disks... I just successfully converted my Ethno-Techno Groove Control disks (thanks Spectrasonics for getting around to this... you guys are awesome), and in order to do this, I had to first tell the computer to "ignore" the unrecognizable disk, then tell the SAGE convertor "OK" (referring to the Akai disk being inserted). Then the conversion started.

If you're on a MAC under OSX, you should be following this procedure. If you're on a PC, I can't help you, sorry.

I had the same problem a while back with an earlier version and liquid grooves. The first disk read quickly, disk B would read very slowly and ultimately die on the vine. The drives on the G4 were kinda finicky. After a careful cleaning of the drive and the CD's with a hard reboot thrown in...it worked on the 2nd or 3rd try.

No such probs on the G5 though. Hope this helps.

JB

Go Back to forum