• Register
  • Help

Topic: Percussive Samples of Glass, Wood, Metal, etc???

Share/Bookmark

Percussive Samples of Glass, Wood, Metal, etc???

I'm looking for some very natural samples/sounds, such as different kinds of wood, glass, metal, and such. I'm not wanting sounds that are harsh or brash sounding. I'm not talking about banging garbage cans and pots and pans, but something more exotic-ish sounding that could be used in new age sounding songs. Think Patrick O'Hearn or Steve Roach kinda stuff...

I'm waiting for the Ethno Techno SAGE to be released later this month, but are there any other sample libraries that have some interesting type sounds that are like I'm trying to define?

Re: Percussive Samples of Glass, Wood, Metal, etc???

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Shane
    I'm looking for some very natural samples/sounds, such as different kinds of wood, glass, metal, and such. I'm not wanting sounds that are harsh or brash sounding. I'm not talking about banging garbage cans and pots and pans, but something more exotic-ish sounding that could be used in new age sounding songs. Think Patrick O'Hearn or Steve Roach kinda stuff...

I'm waiting for the Ethno Techno SAGE to be released later this month, but are there any other sample libraries that have some interesting type sounds that are like I'm trying to define?
    VSL has a glass and stones library that has some very cool instruments that are, like all VSL instruments sampled in minute detail. I also think Quantum Leap RA has some pitched percussion (african marimba etc.).

Christiaan

PMI has a small anvil library

Bolder Sounds has a free page, with some interesting options - washing machine, kitchen percussion, etc.

Don't know if it's ok to post a link, but google 'Bolder Sounds' I'm feeling lucky, and go to the free sounds, achive section
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Go Back to forum