• Register
  • Help

Topic: changing volume levels using mod wheel

Share/Bookmark

changing volume levels using mod wheel

Can anyone here explain to me what parameters you would need to change for a sample that uses the mod wheel for volume changes to make the sound completely cut off when the mod wheel is in the down position? There is a VSL sample that I am using that allows you to use the mod wheel to change the volume and cross fade, but at the lowest end it still produces a sound (albeit very soft), but I would like it to cut off completely. I have been tweaking for a while now and cannot figure out what parameter I'd need to alter.

Thanks,
    Mike

Re: changing volume levels using mod wheel

MIDI cc#11 will do the trick

I don't know what that means. Can't this be done in Gigaeditor as a parameter setting?

Try using the editor. If it is a layered instrument, then go to the Mix/Layer section of the parameters (half way down the bottom right hand column, the parameter/value pairs). Then select "crossfade in start" and you'll see a little grey box with three dots, in the parameter area. Click the box and you'll get the "multi-crossfade editor". Then adjust the lowest of the layers. If you find the right section, it should be intuitive what to do!

Go Back to forum