• Register
  • Help

Topic: Why does key-triggers not work in 2.0?

Share/Bookmark

Angry Why does key-triggers not work in 2.0?

Hi,

I can't get Scarbee bass libraries to work in Kontakt 2.

As soon as I play a key-trigger - no sound.

I'm really surprised Kontakt 2 is not compatible with 1.5 libs...
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye
    Singer, Bass Player, Composer
    & Creative Director, SCARBEE

www.scarbee.com & www.myspace.com/scarbee

Re: Why does key-triggers not work in 2.0?

Hi SCARBEE,

You probably know all this but just in case.

If you have any controllers like cc1, cc11, etc. that are part of the programing then one of them has to be moved a little by whatever means you're useing to access K2.

I've noticed that if I have K2 up and then turn on my keyboard it sometimes resets the main volume turning it off.

Check your outputs and make sure they are configured properly.

Make sure you've got the right midi channel selected in the header to match your keyboard. Port-A is the only port that works. If you set the midi channel to omni it should work if all your midi connetions are OK. The "Midi Ch:" in the instrument header will blink if its getting a signal.

If non of that works, Select a sample in the Mapping Editor and double click on it to take it to the Loop Editor. If the K2 keyboard is showing at the bottom, click on "Keyboard" at the top to clear it. Then click on "Outputs" at the top to bring in the main outputs at the bottom. Now scroll the Instrument so that you have access to the Loop Editor play buttons and play the loop (click on the play button in the Loop Editor). Now, assumeing that K2 is getting a signal from your keyboard.

1. If the main output meters indicate it's getting a signal but you can't hear it then either the Main Outputs are not configured properly or K2 must not be routed to you monitor system properly.

2. If the main output meters indicate it's getting a signal and you can hear it then it must be an internal controller (cc) that's getting in the way. Manualy adjust all your keyboard controllers (cc7, cc11, cc1(Mod), etc.).

Aside from that I don't know. Maybe click on the "Modulation" on the "Amplifier" and check if there's any strange controllers.

Hope you get it going.

T.S.

Thanks T.S.

However what happens is that when I initially loads sound I can play it (so output and midi is right), but as soon as I touch the keytriggers the sound disappear and there is no way to get it back.

If I play a midi-file with bass demos all I hear is fretnoises - these samples does not use key-triggers. So it must be an engine bug. I'm not too crazy about making special K2 programs - and then redo it all when NI fix this bug, as this is wasting my time.
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye

i too experienced problems with k2 keyswitch, but with opposite problem...
    as i initially load the keyswithced instument, no sound is heard. the only way to hear a sound and to make the instrument behave right is to press one of the keyswitches.
    you can have an expample by trying my thai flute patch

http://www.alchemystudio.it/FreeSamples/Thai_Flute.zip

from my page

http://www.alchemystudio.it/FreeSamp...esIndex_en.htm

The KS in Kontakt 2 has worked fine for me. I've even split a KS across several instruments. I've used K1 libraries and converted Giga libraries and the KS all work fine. In my experience, if it worked in K1 it still works in K2. But somethings I have noticed that make KS act erradically:

1. You can't overlap a KS key. Sometimes this happens by accident (Fat Finger Syndrome) You meant C-1 only, but an extra click made the setting C-1 to C#-1.
    2. If you use RoundRobin/Random with KS, all groups are included in the alternation. So it will alternate to a note not in your KS selection, but will only play silence. IMO K2's logic seems to be missing a conditional exception here.
    3. There is a KS default key. Changing this or not using it in your KS can make a KS appear not to work until activated. See page 91 in the manual. (try this bosone)
    4. Don't forget to turn off "Edit all groups" when making a KS selection.

There are many variable that make the KS "not work right." In my experience only a few seem to be because of K2's programming logic, and these have creative work-arounds. It's difficult to know without seeing the actual settings. Thomas, PM me if you want to email a blank (no samples) instrument and I'll put another pair of eyes on it.

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by dvincent

3. There is a KS default key. Changing this or not using it in your KS can make a KS appear not to work until activated. See page 91 in the manual. (try this bosone)
    4. Don't forget to turn off "Edit all groups" when making a KS selection.
    yes! that worked!:-)
    thanks!

Hi T.S.

I have now fixed problem with J-Slap'n Fingered and registered users can download K2 programs and multis.

Go to www.scarbee.com
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye

Go Back to forum