• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Roberts' first case: assisted suicide. Here we go...

Share/Bookmark

Roberts' first case: assisted suicide. Here we go...

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    http://nytimes.com/aponline/national...rtner=homepage

Too bad this can't be the don't ask/don't tell situation it's always been. Having been there when the vet put my dog to sleep (she had terminal cancer), I can tell you that I'd much rather go that way than suffer through a terminal illness and burden everyone around me. We allow animals the dignity, so why not people?

Meanwhile, Bush has selected his own White House Council to be on the Supreme Court for life! And conservatives are up in arms that they don't know what she believes in?! Come on, she's evangelical Christian, has been active in anti-abortion fundraisers, and is a close friend of the imbecile. This is just further proof that conservatives are wrong about everything.

The Supreme Court idea is proving to be a major flaw in the Constitution. It's a great idea and it worked well when we had progressive courts, but right now it's just awful.

Re: Roberts' first case: assisted suicide. Here we go...

There is a loophole Nick!

The question is weather any Democrats have the nuts to do it. The constitution does not specify the number of Supreme Court justices that make up the court. The Republicans HAVE NOT HESITATED to run rough shod over anyone who disagrees with them. Even when the Democrats controlled most of all 3 branches of government, for the most part, they did not rubber stamp every liberal idea. The next time the Democrats control all branches, the president should appoint 9 extra Ultra-Liberal judges to the court! Republicans see this as a weakness that we don’t do to them what they do to us…time to change that.

He/She should then propose a constitutional amendment that specifies 9 justices to the court with the majority party and a coalition of the minority party/parties alternately selecting a nominee which the president then submits to congress, thus persevering the system of checks and balances.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

The job of a Supreme Court Justice is to interpret the constitution. It is not a political position. Unfortunately, since the democrats can't seem to win elections anymore, their only hope of getting things done their way is though the many political, liberal judges around the country who try to write law through their decisions. Judges do not write law. The legislature does. Judges interpret law and whether it conforms to the constitution or not. That is why it is important to have strict constructionists as Surpreme Court Justices. Their job is not to re-write law. That is up to congress. Their job is to interpret the constitution and the various cases that are presented to them, and to determine if those cases violate or conform to the constitution.

If you want the law to change on something...look to the lawmakers in congress and the senate. And to do that you need to win elections. Hence, the Dems need to figure out what they stand for and need to learn why they have been losing elections for 10+ years (and I am not just talking about the presidency...which is only a small part of that equation).

The best way to advance the liberal adjenda is to figure out how to start winning elections among the masses, instead of trying to go through the back door with some political/liberal judge's decree...that will ultimately/most likely be overturned anyway by the supreme court.

Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

The Supreme Court ushered in a president by a 5-4 split between the liberals and ~~~~face ~~~~~~~s on the court. You're going to tell me their personal beliefs have nothing to do with it?

If he hadn't been the sitting - and nose-picking - president at a time when a totally uninformed, stupid, naive public was feeling very insecure, he wouldn't be in the second time.

And your gloating about the guano that are in power right now is very unattractive. The only reason Republicans hold all three branches of the government is that they managed to snooker a bunch of stupid people.

Finally, the despicable lies about "activist judges" are nauseating. As usual, you don't have an original thought in your head, Brian. All you do is repeat propaganda.

The ~~~~ing imbeciles you love so much are destroying the world. Fact, not opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    The Supreme Court ushered in a president by a 5-4 split between the liberals and ~~~~face ~~~~~~~s on the court. You're going to tell me their personal beliefs have nothing to do with it?

If he hadn't been the sitting - and nose-picking - president at a time when a totally uninformed, stupid, naive public was feeling very insecure, he wouldn't be in the second time.

And your gloating about the guano that are in power right now is very unattractive. The only reason Republicans hold all three branches of the government is that they managed to snooker a bunch of stupid people.

Finally, the despicable lies about "activist judges" are nauseating. As usual, you don't have an original thought in your head, Brian. All you do is repeat propaganda.

The ~~~~ing imbeciles you love so much are destroying the world. Fact, not opinion.

Sorry Nick...your continued hostility to people who simply disagree with you is getting tiresome. It is all opinion and yours is no more valid than mine. And regarding the Surpreme court decision in the Florida 2000 case, the law says it was the State's decision. The state certified the vote. Case closed. You remember, that old U.S. constitution again...giving the States of the Union rights and sovereignty.

So...how does it feel to be on the opposite side of the U.S. constitution on a regular basis Nick? It is a document that the liberals can not seem to get around.

Any by the way...there is no gloating here...sorry you see it that way. My bringing up the fact that the Dems have not won elections in this country in a quite a while is a statement of fact you can not dispute and have no answer or solution for...hence your ultimate conclusion that I am gloating, which is not the case. These things go in cycles. In a few years...the political climate will shift back to the democratice side...then back to the republicans, etc...It is a cycle. Once one party gets a lot of their agenda done...the people usually start voting the other way to balance things out...and the cycle continues. Most people's perspective on life begins when they are born. You may see these times as the worst ever, but according to my parents in their late 70's (who were democrats for most of their lives and MUCH older than you)...the political climate was much worse comparitively speaking many years ago before our times. Heck, the Dems had control of both the house and senate for 30+ years until the 90's. So...maybe after another 15-20 years...you will get it back. Seems fair to me.

FYI, there are quite a few things about the current administration and "my side" in congress that I am not happy about and have not been for a while now. I have let my representatives know about it too. But overall, I fall more in line with the republican side of the issues than the democratic side. But, you wouldn't care to know about that anyway because you just see all Republicans as evil scum. So...whatever. That is part of the Democrat's problem as a whole anyway. No ideas...just a lot of negativity. Instead of telling people what they would do better...the Dems tell people why the other side is so evil and then have nothing else to say. People see through that today. It is a whole lot of nothing.

My motivation to respond here to a lot of these posts (if you haven't figured it out yet) is not because I am here to defend Bush...or Bennet...or Judge Roberts...or what some elected Republican politician did on some given day. Long ago I went into detailed explainations of what I believed and found that it was met with adolescent hostility. So..."when in Rome..."

No...my motivation is pretty much to confront the democratic circle jerk that takes place here on a daily basis. If someone would really like to know my beliefs and have a civil discussion on issues...I am all for that...but I don't think anyone here can or cares to do that at this point because there are too many irrational emotions in the way. Besides, things are busy. Who has time to type long diatribes on a daily basis? But if anyone wants to go have a beer and shoot the ~~~~...I am all up for that. Afterall...you guys like diversity right? Peace and love right? Or does that apply to everyone BUT the people who disagree with you on political issues? Now that would be irony?

You all should take a page out of Brian2112's playbook. I know he and I disagree passionately about political issues, but he has always been kind, lacking of personal insults...and knows that people in general want what is best for this country and their families and their future. Those same people just disagree on how to get there.

...(Sorry to bring you into this Brian)...

Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. Ralston
    You all should take a page out of Brian2112's playbook. I know he and I disagree passionately about political issues, but he has always been kind, lacking of personal insults...and knows that people in general want what is best for this country and their families and their future. Those same people just disagree on how to get there.

...(Sorry to bring you into this Brian)...

Thanks you so much for the kind words Brian.

The point is that we all agree on more things than we disagree – something that always seems to be lost. The problem is that some members of our government have forgotten this as well. Now, I’ll be the first to tell you that my frustration and horror at events that have transpired is no less than that felt by the Ape or Robgb (Both of whom, I tend to agree with politically). Given what information I am privy to, it is perhaps even more. But as Brian points out, the pendulum swings…it is their turn now.

The real problem is not the underlying ideology of either party; it is the extremists in both parties that are the problem. I would argue that the current crew is made of the most extremist right wingers ever – unless you read some history .

Don’t forget that there are a lot of moderate republican who are equally horrified by this administration, but the political climate leaves them little room for movement (for now).

Our country has made mistakes (a lot of them in fact), but we have recovered. As a “progressive”, I do feel that our democracy has been hijacked – but if I am right, it will correct itself.

For me, the biggest issue is restoring what’s left of our international prestige which was built with the blood and sweat of men like Ronald Reagan and Jimmy Carter. People are opening up Bin Laden franchises everywhere…and it will not be stopped by military action. Bin Laden needs a political, ideological, and religious counterweight. Things like Roe V Wade (if overturned) will be brought back in time, damage will be done…but that’s how it all works. If people are outraged, they vote the other way. They aren’t quite enough outraged yet. Americans can’t see ahead, they only see the now. And I don't see those who disagree with me as enemies (although Tom Delay is sure pushing it)

…2112
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

If someone would really like to know my beliefs and have a civil discussion on issues...I am all for that...but I don't think anyone here can or cares to do that at this point because there are too many irrational emotions in the way.
    I'm all for a civil discussion too - but that's not what you engage in. What you do is repeat all the bullshyte you hear verbatim, and that's what irritates me and causes me to start insulting all conservatives.

Well, that and the fact that they deserve it for being so ~~~~ing stupid.

It's not my opinion vs. others. Objective facts: we are engaging in unnecessary wars, hypocritical imperialism, and using up the world's resources with abandon - something that shouldn't be a liberal/conservative issue but for some reason always is, since it's the conservative imbeciles who say "creates jobs," etc.

Abortion is opinion. Whether Affirmative Action is the right way to deal with social inequities is opinion (even though I can't think of a better alternative). Capital punishment, school vouchers...all that is opinion. Stupidly hastening the demise of Western civilization is not, it's fact.

Likewise, it's not opinion that the Supreme Court doesn't only rule on the law as they pretend. What a ridiculous thing to believe. They make the ~~~~ up as they go, and you know it.

And saying that they just ruled on the law in Gore vs. Bush is the biggest bald-faced lie in the history of this country. It was a shameful outrage. That's not opinion, that's fact.

What is opinion is whether all liberals are in opposition to the Constitution. As a matter of fact that's a load of bull~~~~.

Finally, it's pure ignorant bliss to say that we're just going through a phase to the right. The destruction that's being spread all over the country and the world isn't going to just go away after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    What is opinion is whether all liberals are in opposition to the Constitution.
    You're right...it is my opinion. And I didn't say all...but I didn't clarify it either...so very well. Never thought of it as not my opinion.

Actually...everything you said on that reply was your opinion too. Can you seriously not see the difference? "Unnecessary" anything..."hypocritical imperialism"..."with abandon"..."Stupidly hastening the...", all statements of OPINION from YOUR pespective. Not everyone's. If you can not see that...I don't know where to start on any civil discussion with your beliefs Nick.

I know that my beliefs are from my own thought and research on the issues. I am sure yours are too. I rarely have time to watch the media any more. I have to go out and do my own fact finding and research on the topics of the day. But, because you apparently cannot see how anyone could look at the same situation and come to different conclusions as yourself...you (and others here) erroniously come to the conclusion that those who disagree with your politics are "~~~~ing stupid", "Evil" and unable to think for themselves. Which IN MY OPINION...is a primary reason why you do not understand Republicans...and frankly...express fear and hostility on a daily basis towards those who simply disagree with your conclusions on the issues.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

There are two sides to every issue, Brian, and in some cases one of them is right and the other one is retarded.

What is there to understand about conservatives? They don't think, they react like blockheads. My fear is only because they're good at convincing stupid people that it's good to screw the world with abandon, and my hostility because of that is completely justified.

As I said, I have no problem with people disagreeing with me when it's just a matter of opinion. But the only good thing George Bush has done is approve the Do Not Call Registry. Every single other decision he's made has been 100% wrong. Every last one.

Why would a sane person not be furious about that?

Okay, I feel better now.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast