• Register
  • Help

Topic: Slower Release Times in "new" instruments--?

Share/Bookmark

Slower Release Times in "new" instruments--?

I've been using the dry GPO instruments up until today--the ones available in the lower part of the drop down selection menu in Kontackt.

But today, after reading here on the Forum that the first groupings of instruments are actually new and somehow improved versions of the sounds, I swapped out some of those instead of the dry ones, to see if they would make any difference in the song I'm working on.

Violas--as an example. I was working away, wondering Why the heck there were all these dreamy slow endings to notes--Then I did a "taste test" and discovered that the new Violas S&S have a long delay release, while the old sample in the dry folder had a quick release.

??---This isn't very musical useful, unless the release can be controlled.

So far I'm not finding mention of what, if any, controller is supposed to tame the release times ---Does someone know what the story is?

Meanwhile, I Gotta go back to the "old" dry instruments, I guess.

rbowser

Re: Slower Release Times in "new" instruments--?

DANG! I figured it out as soon as I posted that message. Duh, me. I had been so used to ignoring the un-used control buttons in Kontact, I hadn't realized that one can change the release times.

>blush<---Ignore this post, please!

rbowser

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser
    DANG! I figured it out as soon as I posted that message. Duh, me. I had been so used to ignoring the un-used control buttons in Kontact, I hadn't realized that one can change the release times.

>blush<---Ignore this post, please!

rbowser

Don't you hate it when that happens?

It happens to me all the time. Just usually I figure it out right before I push the 'submit new thread' button.

-Chris

um---but wait--is there a controller # for changing the release time during a sequence---? (he asked sheepishly)--The standard MIDI controller doesn't work for it, and you can't record knob movements in the Kontact player--um, right?

rbowser

I think it's CC 16...no...twenty something? It's in the GPO update documentation.

-Chris

EDIT: CC21 I just looked it up.

Also, see this if you are using the full version of Kontakt: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=36092

Tom

Go Back to forum