• Register
  • Help

Topic: Trying to access more than one port in GS

Share/Bookmark

Trying to access more than one port in GS

Hello all,

I'm using Gigastudio Orchestra v3.04 with Sonar Studio (v4) and a delta 1010LT card.

Right now, Sonar can access GS port 1 just fine. I'd like to access more than just that one port, but can't get the GS MIDI port configurator to accept the "Delta 1010LT MIDI" as the input to more than one GS output port. I can assign it to port 2, but not both ports 1 and 2.

Is this a limitation of the delta 1010LT, or is there a configuration change I need to make to the 1010LT card?

Thanks,

Re: Trying to access more than one port in GS

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickP
    Hello all,

I'm using Gigastudio Orchestra v3.04 with Sonar Studio (v4) and a delta 1010LT card.

Right now, Sonar can access GS port 1 just fine. I'd like to access more than just that one port, but can't get the GS MIDI port configurator to accept the "Delta 1010LT MIDI" as the input to more than one GS output port. I can assign it to port 2, but not both ports 1 and 2.

Is this a limitation of the delta 1010LT, or is there a configuration change I need to make to the 1010LT card?

Thanks,
    This might be a stupid question, but how many MIDI cable do you have leading from the Delta? One cable means one port!

D

If sonar and GS are on the same computer, not using rewire, just assign sonar as the sequencer from within gigastudio; you'll automatically see all 8 ports in sonar. If you use rewire, sonar is limited to one port of 16 channels. If you are using two computers, then one physical port means one gigastudio port.

Thanks for the replies. I have Sonar and GS on the same computer, but haven't assigned Sonar as the sequencer from within GS. I'll give that a try. I have one MIDI each for in/out on the delta 1010LT. Those go in/out to my Alesis synth, but that seems peripheral to Sonar seeing the GS ports.

I'll let you know what happens.

-PatrickP

The way I've always done it is through the Sonar "Options", "Midi Devices" screen. You should see the virtual midi ports GigaOut1 through 8 there. Maybe they're not all selected (highlighted). If not, just click on them to select them. Once they are activated this way, you can choose them on individual midi tracks as outs.

Howard

Yep, that did it. Incredibly simple! Not sure why it didn't occur to me.

Thanks again. This will make life much much easier to do a full orchestration.

By the way, this has to be the best forum I've used on the web. One of few with smart people who respect each other's work and opinions.

-Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickP
    Thanks for the replies. I have Sonar and GS on the same computer, but haven't assigned Sonar as the sequencer from within GS. I'll give that a try. I have one MIDI each for in/out on the delta 1010LT. Those go in/out to my Alesis synth, but that seems peripheral to Sonar seeing the GS ports.
    -PatrickP
    Sorry that I couldn't help; I hadn't twigged that you run both programs on the same PC...! Glad that it's now fixed.

D

Go Back to forum