• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can someone explain 'Alter Transition Voices to steal notes for block chords'?

Share/Bookmark

Can someone explain 'Alter Transition Voices to steal notes for block chords'?

Can someone explain 'Alter Transition Voices to steal notes for block chords'?

I don't get it. I have been usin Giga 3 for 2 years and I still don't understand this. The manual's definition is circular to me. Sounds something like:

'Alter Transition Voices to steal notes for block chords if you want to steal notes for block chords'

Huh?

Can I use this setting to make Giga run better? What do I need this intruiging looking slider for? If anyone knows, I will write a song for you.

(Now I have to go hide in shame in a corner because no one is going to want to answer this question for a freakin song they can simply write themselves...)

Re: Can someone explain 'Alter Transition Voices to steal notes for block chords'?

I can not understand it, and I've been using giga a long time too. Not only that, the &4*#&$ slider resets itself to 6 regularly, no matter where I try to put it.

Re: Can someone explain 'Alter Transition Voices to steal notes for block chords'?

Don't know for certain, but I imagine that the scenario is that should you run out of voices, you can set which notes drop out when new notes are played.

In a large arpeggio, you typically don't want the bottom note to drop out (which is why setting too low of a number would be bad) but the upper notes are generally more important than the lower ones. This is probably why giga defaults to 6.

Since running out of voices has never been an issue for me, I've never payed much attention to it.

Quote Originally Posted by FredKohn
    Don't know for certain, but I imagine that the scenario is that should you run out of voices, you can set which notes drop out when new notes are played.

In a large arpeggio, you typically don't want the bottom note to drop out (which is why setting too low of a number would be bad) but the upper notes are generally more important than the lower ones. This is probably why giga defaults to 6.

Since running out of voices has never been an issue for me, I've never payed much attention to it.
    It can be a real issue when you play an instrument like a piano, where holding the pedal down can easily put you over 100 voices.

D

Go Back to forum