• Register
  • Help

Topic: Honky Tonk piano in GPO X-file--?

Share/Bookmark

Honky Tonk piano in GPO X-file--?

Somewhere on the site it says a Honky Tonk Piano is included in the X folder, but that doesn't seem to be the case--?

Maybe it was intended that the piano duo are used, detuned to each other?

rbowser

Re: Honky Tonk piano in GPO X-file--?

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser
    Somewhere on the site it says a Honky Tonk Piano is included in the X folder, but that doesn't seem to be the case--?

Maybe it was intended that the piano duo are used, detuned to each other?

rbowser
    Not in the X-Custom folder - in the Multis folder. The Honky Tonk Piano uses the two Duo pianos detuned from one another. One is 10 cents up and the other 10 cents down.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Not in the X-Custom folder - in the Multis folder. The Honky Tonk Piano uses the two Duo pianos detuned from one another. One is 10 cents up and the other 10 cents down.

Tom
    Ouch! Sounds like some instruments I was called on to tune, and have it done right away, and stable, please!

Richard

Stay out of those Honky Tonks Richard!! You're not old enough to be there without a note from your mother, anyway. Or a note from my mother. Or a note from someone (so long as the note is tuned 10 cents high or 10 cents low!)

Tom

Tom
    Thanks much for the info, Tom. But the Honky Tonk isn't in my Multi folder--I have the updated files, with the DFD, the X-folder et al.

Well, I tried to roll my own piano ("roll"--get it--Honky Tonk, roll piano-hehe) as per your description--the duo pianos, changed to the same MIDI channel, but the tune knob in Kontact doesn't make tuning adjustments as fine as needed. I guess I'll try some fine tuning at the head of the first sequence in a song, using whatever MIDI controller that is--I'll look it up.

But---I wonder why I don't have the instrument you descrbied?

rbowser

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser
    but the tune knob in Kontact doesn't make tuning adjustments as fine as needed.
    But---I wonder why I don't have the instrument you descrbied?
    If you hold the shift key on your computer keyboard while you scroll the tuning button with your mouse you will get small increments and decrements of change.

Not sure why you don't have the honky tonk in your multis but this should let you roll your own.

Tom

AH--of course, I should have realized that about using the shift key.

Thanks again, Tom. I'm constantly impressed with the amount of information and help available through the GPO site, due in no small part, to you.

I've now "rolled my own" piano, exactly as you described the one mysteriously missing from my Multis file, and it's exactly what I needed for a piece.

rbowser

If you hold the shift key on your computer keyboard while you scroll the tuning button with your mouse you will get small increments and decrements of change.

Not sure why you don't have the honky tonk in your multis but this should let you roll your own.

Tom

Go Back to forum