• Register
  • Help

Topic: Does 3.12 run in 64bit Windows ?

Share/Bookmark

Does 3.12 run in 64bit Windows ?

Hi! I am trying to run SONAR 5 and GS3.12 in 64bit Windows. Does GS3.12 run in 64 bit Windows ?

I found out that RME 800 and some M-Audio supports 64bit driver. Are there any other audio interface which supports GSIF and 64bit Windows ?

Terratec will release 64bit driver in October.

Thanks.

Re: Does 3.12 run in 64bit Windows ?

Dream, dream dreeeam, dreeeeeaaaamm, dream dream dreeeam!!
    Know that song??
    Later
    Bri

Since Gigastudio is a driver, it will not run in 64 bit Windows at all until Tascam releases a 64 bit version.

fizbin

Back in April at NAB, I spoke with some of the people at Tascam. At that time they said that they don't plan to release a 64-bit version of GS3, but that they are working with 64-bits behind the scenes.

I think we can assume that GS4(?) will be 64-bit and multi-core compatible. The Tascam guys certainly know that's where things are going. What we don't know is when Windows Vista and GS4 (or whatever they will call it) will be released.

IMHO, 64-bits won't be truly mainstream until Vista is on the shelves, and then the switch will happen very quickly - most every new factory-built PC will then be shipped with full 64-bits.

-JF

Thanks for your comments.
    With SONAR 5 , I am wondering what Sampler should be used in 64bit Windows ?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    I think we can assume that GS4(?) will be 64-bit and multi-core compatible. The Tascam guys certainly know that's where things are going. What we don't know is when Windows Vista and GS4 (or whatever they will call it) will be released.

IMHO, 64-bits won't be truly mainstream until Vista is on the shelves, and then the switch will happen very quickly - most every new factory-built PC will then be shipped with full 64-bits.

-JF
    64 bit Windows is very possible right now. I certainly wouldn't want to be the first to try it though. Windows Vista is scheduled for release at the very end of 2006. As far as Tascam's plans, who knows of course, even if they have given such information, it tends to be less than reliable, especially regarding the schedule of the release. I wish them the best, but I think if they wait until Vista comes out for a 64 bit release it will be too late and they will have lost even more market share to Kontakt, which will at that point have been running in 64 bit compatibility mode all along and possibly 64 bit native mode for some time. When Kontakt gains the ability to load 4 or more GB of samples into RAM, Gigastudio will start to look very anemic in comparison. I hope Tascam is aware of this and is doing something about it.

fizbin

Talking Re: Does 3.12 run in 64bit Windows ?

heh...

yeah funny

btw. what about 128bi driver ;-)

Digital AudionetworX

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    I think we can assume that GS4(?) will be 64-bit and multi-core compatible...
    -JF
    Please never use the words GS4 again!

Waiting for Vista is indeed a mistake... especially since it remains to be seen if anyone wants to upgrade to it.

XP64 is out now, and there isn't a user on the planet who wouldn't want the ability to put that to work right now .

Go Back to forum