• Register
  • Help

Topic: Chamber/String Quartet library...

Share/Bookmark

Chamber/String Quartet library...

Is there a particular library or instrument that offers a more intimate sound for quartet or chamber style compositions? I'm working on some music for a TV show in this vein, and I only have EWQLSO which is far too "big
    ' sounding with all that reverb... Any suggestions welcome - thanks!

Steve

Re: Chamber/String Quartet library...

Quote Originally Posted by steveb
    Is there a particular library or instrument that offers a more intimate sound for quartet or chamber style compositions? I'm working on some music for a TV show in this vein, and I only have EWQLSO which is far too "big
    ' sounding with all that reverb... Any suggestions welcome - thanks!

Steve
    VSL Chamber Strings or Solo Strings.

D

without any doubt kirk hunter 2 solo strings

Session Strings is very good -

http://www.mi7libraries.com/main/sam...ume.jsp?id=151

All the best
    Bo

Thanks for the suggestions guys... I'm leaning towards the KH Solo Strings, because I can't find any online demos for the Session Strings (Primesounds) and I'm not about to drop a couple of hundred bucks without hearing something first.

steveb, you are taking the right decision with kirk hunter solo strings. You will not find an incredible Hollywood sound (ewql), or super enormeus sound for big ensembles (vsl), ..., but be sure they are warm, intimate and pure. For me the best ones (2nd place: sonic implants)

Quote Originally Posted by steveb
    Thanks for the suggestions guys... I'm leaning towards the KH Solo Strings, because I can't find any online demos for the Session Strings (Primesounds) and I'm not about to drop a couple of hundred bucks without hearing something first.

Here are 4 demos + a good price
    http://www.mtlc.net/index.php?page=P...view=learnmore

Bo

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Clausen
    To me these are the best chamber/close strings ever. They are cheap but in terms of sound nothing touches it, because they are so RAW, they sound easily as the real thing and I use them all the time even on big stuff. The only downside is that they only have a few articulations, for more articulations I would go for VSL.
    Btw, those demos on their page (prime sounds) just don't do those strings justice. Use the search engine of the forum to find more demos made from NS users, you will be surprised.

I'm a little confused about the MI7 download store. Say I want to buy EXS24 format, then according to that page, if I select all the instruments it's going to cost me $189 to purchase as a download, yet I can get the CD for $89?

Or am I missing something? Does the "Full" zip file contain the other two articulations also, meaning that you can download just one zip file per instruments and get all the files/articulations for that instrument for $6.95 - which would still cost $111? You'd think they'd list a "complete" price for buying the whole thing in whatever format you choose. Oh well. I'll email them for clarification...

Smile Re: Chamber/String Quartet library...

London solo strings is very nice,good demo's check it out

Go Back to forum