• Register
  • Help

Topic: what soundcard for Sonar?

Share/Bookmark

what soundcard for Sonar?

Hi everyone, please join me in in welcoming Bill H. to the forum he is going to purchase GPO soon and wants so to know what soundcard would be best for Sonar 4.0.3 Producer Eedition?

Welcome Bill!
    Any help thanks!
    dpDan

Re: what soundcard for Sonar?

For the economically challenged you can't go wrong with a M-Audio Audiophile. The 24/96 can still be found at various sites for around $79 US. They have a newer version (Audiophile 192) for around $100 US more.

I have the 24/96 and have absolutely never had problems with the card or the drivers. Its fully multi-client which means multiple ASIO apps can be in use at the same time, and is just rock solid. Highly recommended.

Better yet, they already have 64 bit drivers for these cards, which should go well with Sonar 5's 64 bit capabilities.

Hi!

I use an EMU 1212M. It works pretty well for me.

Steph

Thumbs up Re: what soundcard for Sonar?

Welcome, Bill H!

I'll second the praise for M-Audio. I've got their Delta 1010LT, which is probably overkill for most casual users, but it's a fantastic card. (I liked it so much, I bought a second one and built a small computer around it for portable recording.)

It works great in SONAR, and if you plan on doing surround stuff, it's got enough outputs to do 7.1.
    -- Jeff Lee
    Etiam singula minima maximi momenti est - Even the smallest detail is of the utmost importance

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey
    Welcome, Bill H!

I'll second the praise for M-Audio. I've got their Delta 1010LT, which is probably overkill for most casual users, but it's a fantastic card. (I liked it so much, I bought a second one and built a small computer around it for portable recording.)

It works great in SONAR, and if you plan on doing surround stuff, it's got enough outputs to do 7.1.
    Thanks Jeff, Bill H. joined the forum today, but is probably checking some of these posts. I'm sure he will appreciate your input.

Thanks
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Thanks Jeff, Bill H. joined the forum today, but is probably checking some of these posts. I'm sure he will appreciate your input.

Thanks
    Dan
    Thanks everybody for the sound card suggestions and to Dan for taking the time to put out the question in the first place.

-BillH

Quote Originally Posted by BillH
    Thanks everybody for the sound card suggestions and to Dan for taking the time to put out the question in the first place.

-BillH
    You're welcome Bill

Dan

Go Back to forum