• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Anybody Know when...

Share/Bookmark

Anybody Know when...

the big band library is scheduled to be released?

Now you gotta admit, that think sounds pretty darn good.

Trying to get it for my current project btw.

Ars

Wink Re: Anybody Know when...

Quote Originally Posted by ArsNova
    the big band library is scheduled to be released?
    When it's done.

I've got in on pre-order and can't wait to receive it also, but humbly submit to the eager masses that we give Gary and Tom all the latitude they need to keep polishing until it shines.

Jazzbozo

Re: Anybody Know when...

An unscientific guess at what 1+1 =......

The JABB page on Gary's site has been changed to say shipping in October (did say late September, early October) - and the AES show in New York is around 10th October (?). Perhaps we'll here something significant during that weekend. But then, perhaps we won't

By the way, what does 1+1=?

I heard somewhere that there's only 10 types of people - those that understand binary, and those that don't. (I apologise to whoever it was who I think used to have that statement in their signature)
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

It will be release after GPOA! WHOOHOOO!!!
    75,000th Post Winner on the Garritan Forum
    "Don't you wish you were me?"

Quote Originally Posted by Richard N.
    By the way, what does 1+1=?
    1+1=10 OBVIOUSLY! ;-)

It's funny...I had a real problem with this and the so-called "New Math" when I was in grade school...strange that I should end up doing "1+1=10" for a living!

;-)
    jim

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

When I was in high school I saw that binary joke on t-shirts. It became so popular that it spawned another joke :

There are 2 types of people in this world . . . those who think it's clever and funny to use the binary form of the number 2 to make a joke, and those who think it's stupid.

Hmmm . . . that doesn't seem very funny any more, maybe I'm missing something . . . but it went something like that . . .

Sorry for going so off-topic!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

*cough cough* ehem

Quote Originally Posted by newmewzikboy
    It will be released well before GPOA! WHOOHOOO!!!
    *cough cough* ahem, that's more like it.

what exactly IS new math anyway??
    75,000th Post Winner on the Garritan Forum
    "Don't you wish you were me?"

Quote Originally Posted by newmewzikboy
    what exactly IS new math anyway??
    ROFLOL...40 years later I'm still not sure!

They made a big deal out of "New Math" and had us playing with different number bases (not just binary, octal, and hex, but also base 7, base 12etc?), then threw in some simple set theory (intersections, unions, etc) and some Venn diagrams.

It was the "1+1=10" thing that had us in never-never-land, as well as all the adults trying to help at home.

;-0

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

"New Math" was basically theoretical math instead of applied math. It was full of things like "for every epsilon there exists a delta such that..." but had no way to figure out how far a 2000 lb. car would go if you applied the brakes at sixty mph.

It was super intelectual (ie, nerdy) and I hated it!!!!!

I was going to college and trying to major in physics and they weren't teaching anything in the math department that would help in solving those problems. It sucked and everyone in the physics and engineering departments new it but the math department just kept on doing it. I wound up majoring in geology and minoring in physics.

Tom

PS That was 1963-67.

Go Back to forum