• Register
  • Help

Topic: Symphony of Voices

Share/Bookmark

Smile Symphony of Voices

Hi,

I want to purchase Spectrasonics' Symphony of Voices but it does not appear to be available in gigastudio format.

It is available in Akai format and one or two others. So could anyone confirm that GS3 Solo will convert the Akai files automatically? Or am I stuffed?

If not, what else is available in Giga format that sounds as good as SoV?

Thank you very much indeed and keep smiling!

Re: Symphony of Voices

Quote Originally Posted by phil@cablinguk.com
    Hi,

I want to purchase Spectrasonics' Symphony of Voices but it does not appear to be available in gigastudio format.

It is available in Akai format and one or two others. So could anyone confirm that GS3 Solo will convert the Akai files automatically? Or am I stuffed?

If not, what else is available in Giga format that sounds as good as SoV?

Thank you very much indeed and keep smiling!
    I don't have SOV but I do have loads of AKAI stuff. I have never had a problem in the conversion to GS. However, I am using GS3 Orchestra, so I don't know about Solo.

D

SOV converts perfectly in 2.5.
    There is a trick to converting to avoid a bloated sample pool, as some patches share samples. Make sure you don't convert the same samples repeatedly. This is simple to accomplish but I forget the details.
    Some folks used to be confused to see the amount of data apparently increase after conversion. That is because they were converting the same data repeatedly for different patches using the same underlying samples.
    Hope that helps.

My new system could not convert SOV from AKAI so I had to use my old PC. It turns out that some systems that use SATA controllers may have problems recognizing AKAI format. My new system has only SATA controller(s) and the CD software drivers all go through hardware emulation for CD drives that are installed.

I have downloaded new ATAPI drivers from Adaptec site, but did not try them yet to check out if the problem would be removed (I already converted SOV on my old system, so I was lazy to try new drivers yet)

Regards,
    Bogdan

Yep...works great with Translator too.

Thank you very much indeed. I'll purchase SoV and give it a try.

On a slightly different note, I've tried to convert Soundfonts using Translator Gige edition but after conversion, when I try to open the files in GS3 I get a messsage saying that the file is unknown or there is something missing.

It was a downloaded Fender Rhodes file from Sonic Implants. I got another free download when I explained that it didn't translate properly. So I'm quite sure the download is in tact.

Would one expect any difficulties in translating Soundfont to GS3 via Translator?

Why is life so complicated..? I just want to play music!

Go Back to forum