• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: etLux Checking In

Share/Bookmark

etLux Checking In

Hello All!

Just a quick note to say hello to my many good friends and colleagues.

My apologies for rarely being present in the forum for the last few months -- this summer has been one more than overly replete with one-thing-after-another... with both time and energy consequently undersupplied.

It is my hope things will calm down in another month or two, and I can once again take more of one of my great pleasures: listening to so much of the great music being written and played out in this forum.

Keep up all the fine work! I can see I'm going to have a great deal of catching up to do!

All my best,

David
    ====
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Re: etLux Checking In

Thanks for dropping in,

now, any new pieces for US to listen to ... ?

David,

Welcome back!

Thanks for joining us again. You were missed. Hope you had a good summer and look forward to seeing you on the forum.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Hello All!

My apologies for rarely being present in the forum for the last few months -- this summer has been one more than overly replete with one-thing-after-another... with both time and energy consequently undersupplied.

It is my hope things will calm down in another month or two, and I can once again take more of one of my great pleasures: listening to so much of the great music being written and played out in this forum.

Keep up all the fine work! I can see I'm going to have a great deal of catching up to do!

All my best,

David
    ====
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

YBaCuO, no, nothing new, yet -- though a dozen or so in the works!

Thanks for the kind welcome, Gary... I'm just dying to go spend about a day and a half just listening... soon!

David.

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Hello All!

All my best,

David
    ====
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Well, David, I have been wondering where you were. Good to see you back

Richard

Thanks, Richard. Lately, half the time, I've been wondering where I am, too... lol.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

David,

Always good to see a familiar name on the board! I hope the time away was spent in constructive pursuits.

Welcome back!

Ron Pearl

David, it is exceedingly good to see you back.I was starting to worry that we may have lost you.I too have had a very busy summer,gigging and trying to complete an album.I have had a self-imposed exile from the demo page,because when immersing myself in an album,I find it unhelpful to hear all the wonderful orchestral music being produced there.It makes me want to put the album to one side,and get stuck in to a big orchestral piece.
    Although there has been some fantastic pieces posted in the last year,your "Catherine in Winter" remains the highlight of my GPO year.
    regards

Quote Originally Posted by rpearl
    ...time away was spent in constructive pursuits.
    Thanks, Ron... "constructive pursuits", literally.

Beware when the wife says she'd like to refresh the wallpaper. That turned into a do-it-yourself major renovation of most of a rather large house. At 53, I've gotta be out of my mind to be doing things like raising the roof myself, etc., but hey -- composers aren't highly touted for their sanity... lol. (It'd probably have gone easier if I didn't keep breaking things -- including me.)

On the tail end of it now, thank heaven; though, of course, the septic system failed recently, so I'm now out there digging it up. (Anyone have a spare BobCat?)

The moral of the story is, if you plan on doing much writing, maybe you should live in a rent...

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by joaz
    David, it is exceedingly good to see you back.I was starting to worry that we may have lost you.I too have had a very busy summer,gigging and trying to complete an album.I have had a self-imposed exile from the demo page,because when immersing myself in an album,I find it unhelpful to hear all the wonderful orchestral music being produced there.It makes me want to put the album to one side,and get stuck in to a big orchestral piece.
    Although there has been some fantastic pieces posted in the last year,your "Catherine in Winter" remains the highlight of my GPO year.
    regards
    Wow... given the quality of so many pieces I've heard here, Joaz, that's high praise from a much respected source. I thank you!

And I suffer from the same addictive malady, Joaz... gosh, I get into that demo page, and I can be gone for hours -- we've got some real talent in here! And worse, like you, then I feel deeply compelled to lock all the doors, turn off the phone, put down the hammer [see above post] -- and get down to some serious writing myself.

Soon! Soon, I hope!

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum