• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mystery controller data

Share/Bookmark

Smile Mystery controller data

Hi, I've got a Cubase 1.06 project going for the Christmas CD but have a problem with a midi track containing the French Horn Overlay f patch. There is a quick volume spike at one point in the song for just a split second and I thought it must be a modulation glitch or something so I looked into that and it wasnt the case. I went to the Cubase List editor and there wasnt anything listed for controller data there. I then brought up the Kontakt player that was running as the plug for the patch and highlighted the patch in question. As I am watching the virtual volume and other knobs on the player at the offensive place in the song, I saw the "Var 2 " knob go from full off to full on and back again in the same split second that I heard the spike. SO there is the problem but I dont know how to fix it. The VST instance of kontact is not set to read controller data and I dont remember ever recording any in the first place. None the less, I just want to get rid of that little nusance controller data if I can but I really dont know where to eliminate it from. I have opened the midi editor for the track and looked for any controllers with astrics by them to show recorded data but dont see any. Other than this problem, this song is ready to be mixed and put to bed. Please help. Thanks in advance,

Eric

Re: Mystery controller data

"Var 2" is controller 23, so have you gone to the edit window and called up a view of those events? You said you were looking in the list for controllers with asterisks, but did you go ahead and look at the cc23 view anyway?

I had a "mystery sustained note" problem yesterday, using Cubase LE. No matter what I tried, this one note was hanging out a beat too long. It turned out that I somehow had a sequence of one measure length accidently placed underneath the same section which was visible in all the editing views. Even though I couldn't see it anywhere, I could hear it--I discovered it only by chance, when I dragged the data in that section to a blank track--AH HA--there underneath everything was the offending track.---?

Maybe your mystery CC23 data was on a similar hidden sequence segment, unseen in all editing views, but definitely making its presence known. And how these incorrect segments sneak in--? Perhaps chalk it up to the mysterious inner life of these silicone creatures we co-exist with.

rbowser

Re: Mystery controller data

Thanks Rbowser, I think you fixed it for me. Much Appreciated!

Go Back to forum