• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: 9 Volt Audio not showing in RMX

Share/Bookmark

9 Volt Audio not showing in RMX

These sounds are killer, people.

But...I'm having the same problem as others getting them to appear in RMX. (In Logic 6.3.3 on a G5 dual 2)

What has the solution been..any idea? None were forthcoming on the other thread about this.

Thank you,
    Rob

Re: 9 Volt Audio not showing in RMX

I think someone on another thread said to turn the "settings" button off.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by A. Capps
    I think someone on another thread said to turn the "settings" button off.
    That's incorrect. These grooves do not have an installer, so you have to manually place the files in the proper location. If they're not showing up for you, that indicates they are not in the correct location. Review the instructions that come with the sounds and double check the location where you've placed them.

- Glenn

Hmm.
    They are indeed installed in the correct location. Turning off settings is also what Spectrasonics tech support told me to do. Now I see the folders showing up in the left browser window, but nothing in the right window.
    Still, a step in the right direction.

Thanks for your help!!

Rob

"folders"? That confirms that you're close, but you didn't quite follow the instructions. Admittedly the instructions from Nine Volt Audio could be better, but trust me on this :-), double check it one more time.

- Glenn

Thanks Glenn.
    What I meant to say, in RMX lingo, is that I see the suites now but not the elements. I'm pretty sure that the problem is that there is one too many layers of nested folders.
    Will report back shortly.

Thanks again.

OK
    I figured it out. There is one too many nested folders.
    Eg Downtempo gtrs Vol 1 contains 7 subfolders, which in turn contain more subfolders which each contain an audio file. RMX can't see through so many layers. The instructions say to copy the Downtempo Guitars folder into the REX folder. In fact one must open the main Downtempo Guitars folder and install the first level of subfolders. Very confusing.

And one must turn off the settings tab as described above.

I hope this helps someone else....

The folder nesting is ok, and there's no need to turn off the settings button. Put, for example, "Textural Guitars 3" into the "Converted Rex Files" folder. If you don't have a "Converted Rex Files" folder, create it in the "User Library" folder. But, I'll agree the instructions could have been written better.

- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO
    The folder nesting is ok, and there's no need to turn off the settings button. Put, for example, "Textural Guitars 3" into the "Converted Rex Files" folder. If you don't have a "Converted Rex Files" folder, create it in the "User Library" folder. But, I'll agree the instructions could have been written better.

- Glenn
    Glenn...I did exactly as you described and had the problems I described until I took the steps explained above. Everything is working fine now. Nothing showed up in the elements window by doing what you...and the intstructions....suggest. And nothing shows up in the suites window until I turn off settings.

I should perhaps explain that the free downloads are structured differently than the purchased libraries. These latter are the ones that have the extra level of folders. But all require (here) settings turned off.

Thanks.

strange,
    I too have never had to turn off the settings to get them to work.

rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Go Back to forum