• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigapulse NOISE

Share/Bookmark

Gigapulse NOISE

Anyone had an issue with the reverb tails in gigapulse sounding as if they were run through a cheap distortion pedal?? Particularly the large hall impulses.
    This happened to me months ago and went away. Now it's back. I tried rebooting, tried disabling tail model. Just reinstalled giga a few days ago and everthing else is working fine. I'm running no more than two instances simultaneously, but my available 80% of a gig or ram is filled to 90% capacity (don't even ask). Could it be the ram load??

Any Ideas? I have no webspace, but if anyone is curious, I can e-mail a breif mp3 of the resulting sound. It's quiet....you don't really even notice until you monitor loud, but it's there, and it's ugly.

thanks,
    Belbin

Re: Gigapulse NOISE

I have a guess.... is it distorting due to peaking? Mine does that, especialy with the large hall since the large hall increases the volume quite a bit.

Try hammer several kys at the same time in teh lower register to see if it gets worse. Also mind you that it does not appear to peak within GigaStudio. I can only see the peaking in my soundcards control panel.

Re: Gigapulse NOISE

Good thought, but not the case. I have Gs's master attenuation set to -10dB, and the same my H/W control panel. The actual notes are fine, it's the sound of the tails as the fade away....really weird.

Thanks for trying, Marcussen. Anyone else?

Belbin

Go Back to forum