• Register
  • Help

Topic: Quantam Leap RA: no sound from Berimbau patch

Share/Bookmark

Question Quantam Leap RA: no sound from Berimbau patch

Hi,

When I loaded the 'Berimbau Basic' patch in RA, there was no sound (the other patches work). I've installed the latest updates from the EastWest site. Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks for your help,
    Catherine

Re: Quantam Leap RA: no sound from Berimbau patch

Keep in mind the Berimbau "Basic" patch only has a handful of samples, and it's not chromatic (the "Chrom" patch has the samples stretched across the keyboard). You can see which keys have samples attached to them by looking at the keyboard visual below the Kompakt interface. The keys with samples are shaded blue. In this case, the "Basic" patch has samples on F# and G# notes only, and only the F#/G#s of three or four octaves.
    Zircon Studios - Original music for media, electronica, sound design, and synthesis.

Hi Catherine,

I don't have RA but you may want to ask the same question at the EastWest forum which is HERE The developers are really good about answering your questions.

EDIT: I didn't see Andrews post until after I posted. That sounds like a good thing to check first.
    Liam
    "The biggest risk of all , is never taking a risk"

Andrew: Thanks for your suggestion. When I load the patch, there were no keys which are highlighted in blue.

Liam: Thanks for the tip - I'll try the EW forum.

Catherine: That is very interesting.. perhaps part of the library did not transfer fully, and some WAVs did not transfer from the DVD? You could consider re-copying the library to your HD. There is an extremely small chance that your COPY of RA was defective (eg. the disc itself was improperly duplicated) but I strongly doubt that is the case.
    Zircon Studios - Original music for media, electronica, sound design, and synthesis.

The keys are F# and G# in 4 octaves. They're hard to see because the blue is overlayed on the black.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    The keys are F# and G# in 4 octaves. They're hard to see because the blue is overlayed on the black.
    Funny, so only the original pitches are used in RA?

One of my reasons to sample ethnic instruments is to get more range and to be able to play the notes that can't be played on the real instrument.

You're probably asking the wrong person that question since I know very little about most of the instruments in RA. I would say, that yes, they seem to be faithful to the range of the original instruments.

Go Back to forum