• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hold on tight, Texas.

Share/Bookmark

Hold on tight, Texas.

So with this Category 5, or should I say Catastrophe 5 monster storm named Rita barreling towards Texas, would it be fair to assume we’ll be seeing some good ‘ol country RMX grooves for which to help raise donations? Kidding. Actually, I’m just shocked and stupefied that another Cat 5 is hitting us this year, and so soon! I think I read that only five Category 5 ‘Canes have hit land in the US, Andrew in 92, Camille in the 60’s and some labor storm in ’35. And now 2005 has TWO. This is going to stress everyone in this country I have a feeling. If gas goes to $5, I … I’m going to have to buy a bicycle. I drive a civic and I’d have to spend $50 at the pump for 1 weeks worth of driving. Can’t imagine the SUV crowds expenditures. I just hope and pray that enough people have been able to get out of harms way what with so much advanced warning and the lingering blow from Katrina still very much felt by everyone. Katrina was insane … who’d of thought we hadn’t seen the worst of it yet? L

Re: Hold on tight, Texas.

Oh god! Please no country RMX! As a Texan in Austin I think we'll need something more electronic or esoteric. This is a bummer! Austin is inland but the weather forcasters say we will get a lot of rain and hurricane force winds here. CNN interviewed an evacuee on I45 heading out of Houston who had spent 13 hours going just 48 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers
    Oh god! Please no country RMX! As a Texan in Austin I think we'll need something more electronic or esoteric. This is a bummer! Austin is inland but the weather forcasters say we will get a lot of rain and hurricane force winds here. CNN interviewed an evacuee on I45 heading out of Houston who had spent 13 hours going just 48 miles.
    Take care, man. I was living in Austin back in the early 80's when a much smaller hurricane came thru...we got some pretty extreme wind as far out as Bee Caves...definitely enough to shake the trailer I was living in at the time!
    ;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Don't worry - Bush failed NO, but these are his homies. Relief is just a Halliburton (no relation to Tim Burton) away...
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Well, I sure as hell am not one of Bush's homies. Austin's a big blue oasis in the middle of this red state.

Go Back to forum