• Register
  • Help

Topic: Piano performances.

Share/Bookmark

Piano performances.

On my way to work today during a heavy rainstorm listening to my favorite Jazz station. Playing is a pianist performing "Stormy Monday" with no other accompaniment instruments. It struck me just how perfect a well-recorded piano sounds alone. Has to be truly the art or all arts to record the piano just right. This sounded as if I were right there. Play it again Sam!
    Styxx

Re: Piano performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    On my way to work today during a heavy rainstorm listening to my favorite Jazz station..
    Rain? What's that?

Stevemitchell

Cool Re: Piano performances.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMitchell
    Rain? What's that?

Stevemitchell
    You know ... THAT RAIN! That wet stuff that started around 2 am, heavy with strong wind gusts, which lasted till around 8 this marning! That rain.
    Anywhatchamacallit, The Piano! The Piano! Pay attention to the Piano! It was just perfect sounding even through a rainstorm. Wish I could have heard it completely but had to get into woik.
    Well, being what it is, it's RAIN!
    Styxx

Well, I love a rainy night, I love a rainy night, I love to hear the thunder, watch the lightning when it lights up the sky . . .

Styxx, you must also have had good car speakers! All my family car speakers are ruined because they hardly ever get to play classical.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Styxx, how can you tell if the piano was 'Perfect' (and no mention of William Cokeley...) The RAIN has to have made enogh noise to mask the background and room resonances - there could have been 30 dB of hiss in the signal, and you wouldn't be able to tell...
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Quote Originally Posted by thesoundsmith
    Styxx, how can you tell if the piano was 'Perfect' (and no mention of William Cokeley...) The RAIN has to have made enogh noise to mask the background and room resonances - there could have been 30 dB of hiss in the signal, and you wouldn't be able to tell...
    I had my car soundproofed last week and was using headphones ...
    It was the right time, right mood, right song, but no woman. Like I said, perfect!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    It was the right time, right mood, right song, but no woman. Like I said, perfect!
    is there no end to your humor? LOL!

dp

Go Back to forum