• Register
  • Help

Topic: Atmosphere Wont Load?!

Share/Bookmark

Atmosphere Wont Load?!

I have not used Atmosphere for a while and when trying to get an instance in a PT session it crashes Pro Tools everytime while loading.

I recently tried to get my Spectrasonics plugs to work in DP 4.6, and remember fooling around with aliases to get it to work, which it eventually did.

Wondering what I may have done to mess up the RTAS versions.

Re: Atmosphere Wont Load?!

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    I got an Automated response.

"Update to the latest version."

Well, that really is not at all what my question was about. I was asking about aliases and the difference between RTAS and Audio Units. I have the latest version anyhow.

Any other ideas what might be going on? Trilogy and Atmosphere, crash everytime when trying to load. Even on sessions with nothing else.

Dual 1.25, PT 6.9cs3, OSX 10.8

start your mac from the system dvd and repair your permissions 3 times in a row.
    that trick always works for me when trilogy or atmosphere cause Logic to crash during startup.

hope that helps

Hans

Quote Originally Posted by dubaifox
    I got an Automated response.

"Update to the latest version."

Well, that really is not at all what my question was about. I was asking about aliases and the difference between RTAS and Audio Units. I have the latest version anyhow.

Any other ideas what might be going on? Trilogy and Atmosphere, crash everytime when trying to load. Even on sessions with nothing else.

Dual 1.25, PT 6.9cs3, OSX 10.8
    That's not an automated response and I'm sure there was more to the answer than that! :-)

What I'm saying to you is to keep talking to tech support until you get it sorted. If they didn't understand your question, keep talking to them and asking until you get your answer. They know more about how to troubleshoot the issue than I do or most of the forum members here would.

Thanks! :-)

spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    That's not an automated response and I'm sure there was more to the answer than that! :-)spectrum
    The exact message is below. I guess I have never had much success with email tech support responses. Oart of the problem is that I live overseas, and often have to wait 24 hours to get a (very often) generic response like this one. With forums you get all sorts of people at all hours of the day, often within minutes. I will keep trying the tech support.

Thanks Eric!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your message.

Please download and run the latest RTAS updates from our website: www.spectrasonics.net/updates.

Best Regards,

Doug Gerry
    Technical Support
    info@spectrasonics.net
    www.spectrasonics.net

Please include all previous email
    history related to this issue with
    your reply and keep your original
    subject heading. This helps us to
    respond faster to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Scheffler
    start your mac from the system dvd and repair your permissions 3 times in a row.
    that trick always works for me when trilogy or atmosphere cause Logic to crash during startup.

hope that helps

Hans
    Well. I will be a one-eyed chicken rooster!!

I repaired permissions from the DVD twice and then from the hard drive once and wouldn't you know that......wait for it........ both Atmosphere and Trilogy load fine. Go figure.

When I did DP from the DVD, it seemed to find all kinds of things that never showed up when I did it from the Hard disk. The second time it found no problems at all.

But..... when I ended with a repair rom the hard drive, it found all kinds of problems, that don't usually appear when I do it from disk.

What is the difference? Which is better?

Go Back to forum