• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Release notes Pb, when loading a piano library in Kontakt 2

Share/Bookmark

Question Release notes Pb, when loading a piano library in Kontakt 2

Don't find anything about it here, so here is the Pb :

When I load a K2 patch from a piano library that have been converted from Giga it happen the following :

Release samples are not played when sustain pedal is down (ok, this is normal), BUT they are triggered when I release the sustain pedal !!
    I don't have this Pb with Kontakt 1.5.3 : release behavior is ok.

The only way I have found to solve this in K2, was to delete release groups, and create a second instrument, specific for release samples.

This happen for the piano I've converted myself (K2 import) from Giga. This also happen with Kontakt patches from sampletekk (including TBO demo).

Anybody having the same problem ?

Thank's !

Re: Release notes Pb, when loading a piano library in Kontakt 2

release sounds are created when the damper touches the string, I don't see it a problem triggered by the sustain pedal ... even sostenuto could trigger them, when released, right ?
    Kornel
    http://music.mezo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent

When I load a K2 patch from a piano library that have been converted from Giga it happen the following :

Release samples are not played when sustain pedal is down (ok, this is normal), BUT they are triggered when I release the sustain pedal !!

The only way I have found to solve this in K2, was to delete release groups, and create a second instrument, specific for release samples.

This happen for the piano I've converted myself (K2 import) from Giga. This also happen with Kontakt patches from sampletekk (including TBO demo).

Thank's !
    Hi.

I have tried to recreate this with the TBO demo, the Black Grand, White Grand, White Sister and Steiny D, but I haven't experinced what you get.
    Anyone else have had these problems?
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Hello,
    Wouldn't this problem actually be a good thing?
    Doesn't a real piano actually behave like this?
    Seems like someone figured out how to do this with giga a few years ago but it wasn't yet possible with kontakt.

....maybe I need more coffee this morning

I think there is a problem with the way that K2 handles release samples. I have a number of instruments whose release samples work as expected when loaded into K1.5, but are way too loud when loaded into K2. Could be another symptom of this problem?

I had the same experience when converting my PMI Bosendorfer giga into Kontakt 2. I belive the release-samples are at max volume when the pedal releases, regardless of the volume of the preceding notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Dirk
    Hello,
    Wouldn't this problem actually be a good thing?
    Doesn't a real piano actually behave like this?
    Well, theoritically yes... but practically not quite...
    Currently, in most piano library, release samples are only used to add more "bite" for staccato (fast Pedal Up play) and nothing more. Those release sample are to loud to be triggered when releasing the sustain pedal (move from pedal down to up).
    According to the 2 others post, it seems I'm not the only one getting weird release behavior when importing Giga Lib in K2 (again : same import in K1 works fine !)

Other test : I've tried to import giga scarbee rhodes in K2 : It's even worse : big "spring sound" when moving the pedal up...

Quote Originally Posted by maszat
    release sounds are created when the damper touches the string, I don't see it a problem triggered by the sustain pedal ... even sostenuto could trigger them, when released, right ?
    Well, you're the one who will hopefully take piano release (and sustain pedal) behavior to the next level, thanks to K2 scripting capabilities !

But my question was more basic : I believe K2 "raw" Giga import is a bit twisted. I can't understand why what's working in K1 don't work in K2.
    But since Worra don't get the same problem, this could maybe a misuse of K2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post

Thank's !
    This is a problem with Kontakt. All piano sample libraries seem to exhibit the same problem.

For those who can't hear the problem, this will exaggerate it for you: try playing any piano library with release samples, like this in kontakt: hold down the sustain pedal. play the same chord ten times very quickly. release the sustain pedal. you will hear suddenly 10 release samples go off at once, creating a disporportionate release sound.

What needs to happen, is the release samples need to be restricted to one per note so that they don't layer up on top of each other.

I'm surprised that the larger developers haven't noticed this problems with their libraries, either that or they haven't found a solution. I note that a lot of developers are still not even using release samples. But release samples are key to getting a realistic piano sound. I'm searching for a solution to this at the moment.

Just noticed this is an old post- sorry! If anyone knows a solution, seeing as its 3 years later , please let me know!

thanks,

matt

Quote Originally Posted by matt99b View Post
    If anyone knows a solution, seeing as its 3 years later , please let me know!

thanks,

matt
    Nils made a script that fixed this.
    http://nilsliberg.se/ksp/scripts/scr...trigger_bugfix

Go Back to forum