• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: OT: McCartney

Share/Bookmark

OT: McCartney

Since Paul McCartney was invoked several times here in a recent thread...
    I thought I'd just mention that his new record is utterly delightful.

Rob

ot..ot...what are the string samples being played on Elinore Rigby on the Red Square dvd? I think I've read about the keyboard guy endorsing a lot of ew stuff, but I haven't heard what's being used on that song..or others. Anyone know?

Re: OT: McCartney

I bought it because I read he worked together with the producer of Radiohead.

I don't know if I'd call it good or not (still deciding), but it's certainly the best album he's made in the last 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by drmathprog
    I don't know if I'd call it good or not (still deciding), but it's certainly the best album he's made in the last 30 years.
    The best thing he did in the last thirty years is a song called "Vanilla Sky", but it's not on it . If someone were to say it's a lost Beatles song, I would believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexcremers
    The best thing he did in the last thirty years is a song called "Vanilla Sky", but it's not on it . If someone were to say it's a lost Beatles song, I would believe it.
    Well "Listen To What The Man Said", "Silly Love Songs" and and "Uncle Albert" are not bad in my book. Are they all less than 30 years old? (but, again, these are not albums, so I will just keep quiet .

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Sir Paul McCartney as I was once corrected in a past post. I've long been a great admirer of Sir Paul McCartney's works right from the beginning with the Beatles and including the present. I had heard his new CD was one to have so I will stop at the music shop and buy me a copy!
    Just a great musician and songwriter. Definitely one for the history books!
    Styxx

Chaos and Creation is a good headphones record.
    I think it's beautiful and I'm so grateful this old friend....I mean,
    god, we're talking Beatles here....is still around making fine music
    for us.
    I miss the other guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Sir Paul McCartney as I was once corrected in a past post. I've long been a great admirer of Sir Paul McCartney's works right from the beginning with the Beatles and including the present. I had heard his new CD was one to have so I will stop at the music shop and buy me a copy!
    Just a great musician and songwriter. Definitely one for the history books!
    Yeah, I have tremendous respect for him, perhaps this is the rare case where the word "genius" may be appropriate.

I think his only weakness is a tendency toward the sugary or toward updated versions of pub songs. I think he does better work when someone pushes him to be darker and less "poppy". I tend to think that this was the main contribution of Lennon, who, in my book, was far less talented than McCartney.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

naw...
    John was brilliant. Totally disagree. He was a GREAT musician.
    They were ALL fking great.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast