• Register
  • Help

Topic: so where is Ivory for the PC?

Share/Bookmark

so where is Ivory for the PC?

Hey all, i thoguht ivory was coming out this september for the pc but everythign i have read says its not out yet, all they say is sept sept and nothign more, anybody got any news on it? and for those who have it, is it really that much better than the rest, i mean out side of the varitey of pianos.

Re: so where is Ivory for the PC?

What worries me is that if there's a delay it's most likely due to issues with their proprietary engine and the first buyers will turn out to be extended beta testers and might have to deal with bugs.

I wouldn't worry too much about that...I think you've got that backwards actually.

Ivory 1.0 on the Mac was also much later than the original release announcement, but when it was released, it was extremely stable and efficient....very impressive for a first effort from a new company. Their standards are very high...so that's a good thing.

I'm sure the reason the PC version is not out yet is precisely because they want to make sure it's 100% stable.

Some time ago I picked up PMI Piano librarys at a Group Buy. For $200 I have new very, very nice Piano Librarys. Also I have Kontakt 2 which is great. I don't think I will be picking up any new Piano librarys any time soon.

I will! Can't have enough piano options ... and I actually prefer the VI interface rather than using a sampler .. guess I'm weird that way.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    I wouldn't worry too much about that...I think you've got that backwards actually.

Ivory 1.0 on the Mac was also much later than the original release announcement, but when it was released, it was extremely stable and efficient....very impressive for a first effort from a new company. Their standards are very high...so that's a good thing.

I'm sure the reason the PC version is not out yet is precisely because they want to make sure it's 100% stable.
    Well, its probably just the cynic in me, I'm rooting for them to put a quality product out on the pc. I hate it when Mac guys have a really cool toy to wave in my face.

Logic.. don't want it.
    DP.. keep it.
    Ivory.. DAMN!!

you can never have too many piano sample libraries IMO !!

anyway...i recieved an e-mail from ilio the other day saying it will be out round about middle october !!

i cant wait !!!!!

I agree with Spectrum.

Ivory on the Mac was very late to be released. However it was amazing for me from the day I installed it.

I would expect nothing less from these guys with their PC version.

For me it is still bar none the greatest piano.

Go Back to forum