• Register
  • Help

Topic: GIGASAMPLER 3 WITH 512MB Ram

Share/Bookmark

GIGASAMPLER 3 WITH 512MB Ram

Hy ,

Is it possible to install Gigasampler 3 Orchestral into a PC which contains only 512MB of Ram?

thank you

Re: GIGASAMPLER 3 WITH 512MB Ram

Quote Originally Posted by calangoman
    Hy ,

Is it possible to install Gigasampler 3 Orchestral into a PC which contains only 512MB of Ram?

thank you
    It's possible, but not really advisable. I would also imagine that the CPU would be too slow if that is the basic spec of the machine (although this is just a wild guess). You must remember that part of the RAM goes to the operating system, so that what you have left to load samples with is very small.

D

Tascam spec lists 512 mb as minimum.

I'm only running v2 but I'd be surprised if Gigastudio 3 itself requires much RAM. The question is really: How big are your libraries and how many of them do you intend to load at one time? It's like a water tank. You just keep adding water (samples) until it's full. You'll run out, even if you have 3 gigs - it's just the nature of the beast. But fortunately you'll gain experience as well as accrue sounds as you fill it and buying more RAM is not all that expensive and just part of the growth curve.

In a way, it's a closed system. If you are asking about using just 512 mb of RAM, it's not likely that you'll be purchasing huge and therefore expensive sample libraries. (TBO NS sale being the exception, of course. My guess is it's the cheapest dollar-per-mb-of-samples library in existance)

Ernie

Thank you very much for your answers.

Basically I am using Giga just for the old VOTA Choir and its utilitys.
    But I know I have to buy another 512 stick.

Thank you

That's how I'm using it (512MB RAM) and it works, but so far I'm just fiddling with the files it came with. Will upgrade though in the near future.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

RAM will only limit your instrument loading capability. The other aspects of the software are more disk system and processor dependent.

Go Back to forum