• Register
  • Help

Topic: Polyphony problem

Share/Bookmark

Polyphony problem

I jsut finshed my master template that I've been working on for a while. It is a sight to behold for anyone who's been trying to get optimal laoding/instrumentation out of a single system. I now have aproblem, though:

My polyphony suddenly sucks! I'm dropping out at like, 150 voices!! This system has done 300 in the past, no problem. I'm using 2 gigapulse instances, and they're not part of the problem, as it coninues when I bypass or even delete them.

Any performance gurus out there, please give me some suggestions as to what could be causing this. All drives recently defragged, samples on separate drive, computer up to (exceeds) spec.

HP PAvillion a 805n
    2.93 Ghz
    Asus Mobo
    1G Hynix Ram
    System Drive: Samsung 160 GB SATA
    Sample Drive: WD 80GB 8MB cache, 7200 blah blah
    Delta 44 PCI Card (GsIF II compatible)
    Giga 3.12
    Sonar Studio Edition v. 4-point latest

Help! Losing Hope! Why Does Giga hate me???

Belbin

Re: Polyphony problem

Quote Originally Posted by belbin
    I jsut finshed my master template that I've been working on for a while. It is a sight to behold for anyone who's been trying to get optimal laoding/instrumentation out of a single system. I now have aproblem, though:

My polyphony suddenly sucks! I'm dropping out at like, 150 voices!! This system has done 300 in the past, no problem. I'm using 2 gigapulse instances, and they're not part of the problem, as it coninues when I bypass or even delete them.

Any performance gurus out there, please give me some suggestions as to what could be causing this. All drives recently defragged, samples on separate drive, computer up to (exceeds) spec.

HP PAvillion a 805n
    2.93 Ghz
    Asus Mobo
    1G Hynix Ram
    System Drive: Samsung 160 GB SATA
    Sample Drive: WD 80GB 8MB cache, 7200 blah blah
    Delta 44 PCI Card (GsIF II compatible)
    Giga 3.12
    Sonar Studio Edition v. 4-point latest

Help! Losing Hope! Why Does Giga hate me???

Belbin
    I think that you just have too many instruments loaded. The amount of memory needed for polyphony goes up as the number of voices does, so maybe you have it set too high or low. What is it set to?

D

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    I think that you just have too many instruments loaded. The amount of memory needed for polyphony goes up as the number of voices does, so maybe you have it set too high or low. What is it set to?

D
    Currently Max. 256, with the slider all the way up, other settings have not yielded better results. I have reinstalled giga, following aprocedure recommended by tascam. Things seem to have improved slightly, but are not yet Ideal.

Thanks,
    Belbin

I think you were right, Daryl-themplate is delightful unless I use all sustain/Mod wheel layered instruments at once. I can pretty much do an orchestral tutti if they're all single-layer instruments.

Still-150 or so-voices??
    I swear I was doing twice that 6 months ago....and I'm pretty sure it was prior to attempting the installation of an extra gig of ram (Which worked wonders for my load capacity, and probably my polyphony, but ultimately had to go due to system instability).

Anyway, it seems you cracked it. Thanks.

Belbin

Go Back to forum