• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Latest Udpates For Atmosphere

Share/Bookmark

Latest Updates For Atmosphere

I want to make sure I am using the latest version of Atmosphere for Windows.

First, to confirm the version I currently have, I should just look at the bottom left of the screen?

Second, it looks like there are 3 potential updates. One is for "VST" the other says ".dll only" and the other says (I believe) "Spectramove")

How does the VST update differ from the VST only? So if I use the VST update, will that negate the need to use the .dll update?

Also, what is Spectramove? Should I install that?

Thanks for your input.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Re: Latest Udpates For Atmosphere

Anyone? I figured this would be a no-brainer for anyone with Atmosphere.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Well, I think I got it. I just updated the VST version, since it seems the other .dll only version is included within the VST update.

In my case, I did need to use Spectramove to get it working (because my DAT file is one a separate drive).

jeffn1

Hi Jeff, I cant remember there being a seperate dll update, I know I applied the VST 1.2 update and the spectramove.

Also, because Atmosphere loads into ram and doesnt stream. If your sample drive is ever getting full, you can always put the dat file back onto your c: drive without any performance loss.
    ---------------------------
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com
    ---------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Cairns
    Hi Jeff, I cant remember there being a seperate dll update, I know I applied the VST 1.2 update and the spectramove.

Also, because Atmosphere loads into ram and doesnt stream. If your sample drive is ever getting full, you can always put the dat file back onto your c: drive without any performance loss.
    Thanks, Scott. I think I am all set up now.

If you got to he update page for Windows VST updates, there is an update that says ".dll only." I guess in that case you do not use the installer, and just replace the .dlls?

In any event, I did the VST update and Spectramove. Everything seems cool, except I do seem to have problems with stuck notes. The update did not seem to fix that problem.

jeffn1

Okay, here is another question. Should I have done the 1.1 update too (to fix the stuck notes problems and other fixes)?

jeffn1

Generic answer - generally, you should always use the latest update to any software (though I recommend waiting a few weeks to be sure there are no issues/new bugs). When updating an app, oyou should always update all the parts that you use, because they may need to work together - an update to one component may expect the latest update to the rest.l)

Get the update - Atmosphere is a cool prog, and the update adds some useful features.
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Hmmm, do you think I should uninstall the 1.2 update before installing the 1.1 update? Or just intall the 1.1 update "on top" of 1.2.

(sorry for all the stupid questions)

jeffn1

You shouldn't be having stuck notes with 1.2

If you are...send your song file and all system info to info@spectrasonics.net

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    You shouldn't be having stuck notes with 1.2

If you are...send your song file and all system info to info@spectrasonics.net
    Thanks, Spectrum. I just started using it (I love it!). So far, I have not recorded, but I seem to get the stuck notes while playing in real time. I guess I will have to record the midi data and see if it plays back with stuck notes.

I will follow up on this.

Thanks again.

jeffn1

Go Back to forum