• Register
  • Help

Topic: Am I imagining things?

Share/Bookmark

Am I imagining things?

There seem to be three characteristics common to a large part of the population here. I've noticed it before, but it became really obvious in the recent thread "What do you do for a living?"

And I am ignoring the music angle, that's too obvious! The desire to make a living doing something musical is maybe a little less obvious, but I'll skip that too!

I'd love to hear other's thoughts on these...

First, there is a very strong desire to continue one's education, whether it be formal or informal. There are also a lot of advanced degrees here, more, I suspect than the general population. I think the number of advanced degrees is really an indication of the desire to continue learning that is shared by nearly everyone here.

(I should also point out that within this group there is none of the usual acrimony between folks with advanced degrees and folks without. I think that's cool!)

Second, and it isn't all that surprising if you are familiar with the history of computers, but there are a lot of folks with ties to high technology, science, math, and engineering.

Third, there are a lot of folks who include church music amongst their activities. This really isn't surprising either, if you think about it a bit, since the church had tremendous influence over music just a couple of centuries ago. And, once again, there is no obvious conflict between folks who have musical activities that are church related, and those who don't. Given the attitude of the general population, this is a pleasant surprise!

Bill

Thumbs up Re: Am I imagining things?

Bill ... !
    Styxx

Re: Am I imagining things?

I dunno 'bout youz guys.

But I'm only here to try and to meet the 'Girlie Men' Band...

Quote Originally Posted by wst3ae
    (I should also point out that within this group there is none of the usual acrimony between folks with advanced degrees and folks without. I think that's cool!)
    Quite true...we drag people out in the hall and shoot them if they start discriminating like that! ;-)

It really is a special forum...so much to learn and the people who are knoweldegable share freely.
    ;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by southportJim
    we drag people
    I thought huh?

Go Back to forum