• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Water music/sunrise

Share/Bookmark

Water music/sunrise

Something a bit different from earlier posts. The title is pretty self-explanatory; starts very quietly, grows...well you get the picture.
    Basically is it a very short mensural canon, which results in the pulse being displaced. Somewhat minimal in nature - a departure for me.

As always, thanks for any comments and feedback.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1l1e9/s...atermusic1.mp3

R. Pearl

Re: Water music/sunrise

O_O Wow...

This is very great! I loved the gradual grow of the piece. Loved the flute too.

Very good work.
    ♪♪♪♪ CâTå ♪♪♪♪

Very nice. I liked the steady building. The strings and flute were very well done both compositionally and mix. For a few minutes (forgive my insane analogy) it was as though Shoenberg had written Rheingold. Well done.
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Thumbs up Re: Water music/sunrise

Oh, really really nice!!!
    I love the way you slowly introduce the strings!
    Also I like the progression of the chords!

The second part is pretty good too!!

In some harmony and melody passages you remind me to Thomas Newman!
    Nice composition R. Pearl.

Best regards,
    Roberto

Thumbs up Re: Water music/sunrise

Nice, like C.Debussy writing music today, evocative.

It should be possible, adding thematic material, to enlarge and develope it in a good longer piece.

Thanks for listening. It's interesting that people are hearing T. Newman, Schoenberg (as Wagner), and Debussy in this piece. Now I just have to figure out how to sound like myself!

I appreciate the feedback.

R. Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by rpearl
    Thanks for listening. It's interesting that people are hearing T. Newman, Schoenberg (as Wagner), and Debussy in this piece. Now I just have to figure out how to sound like myself!
    I'm not sure what others are hearing; but for myself, I believe I hear only Ron Pearl, skillfully using a fascinating blend of techniques to handsomely realize quite a fine and interesting composition... and a piece, at that, that does what music does best: traverse emotive grounds that could undoubtedly be expressed in no other way.

Solid work, and a pleasure to hear, Ron. I listened to this several times.

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    I'm not sure what others are hearing; but for myself, I believe I hear only Ron Pearl, skillfully using a fascinating blend of techniques to handsomely realize quite a fine and interesting composition... and a piece, at that, that does what music does best: traverse emotive grounds that could undoubtedly be expressed in no other way.

Solid work, and a pleasure to hear, Ron. I listened to this several times.

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    I agree.....this sounds like R Pearl to me too.....

Frank

This is a beautiful piece; very picturesque. I really admire that you did not abandon or divert from the theme, yet it never became pedantic. I wish I could exercise this patience myself. Your development was very natural yet not totally predictable. Your character still shines through, especially in your flute treatment. I think this would be a great movement in a larger piece. Have you thought of including it in a masterwork? Awesome job!

Best,
    Paula
    Cheers!
    Paula

Remember to Play www.thepunkduck.com

Although the texture of the piece ,and the form is unlike other pieces you have posted, the harmonic progressions and the deft string writing sound very Pearlish to me.
    I found the piece to be very uplifting and sunny sounding, and the canonic devices give it a game like quality, like children at play.
    Utterly enchanting.
    regards

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast