• Register
  • Help

Topic: Moving GPO Data to another computer, how?

Share/Bookmark

Moving GPO Data to another computer, how?

Is it possible to just copy the data files (.nks etc) and patches to another computer or do I have to install all the CDs again and save my patches separate to get this running... I tried copying first and get the dreaded "no suitable contentfile error" on the new machine...

Chris

Re: Moving GPO Data to another computer, how?

Hi,

you have to install the whole bunch of CDs because the .nki doesn't contains any wav, sounds or something similar. Pretty good is that it is allowed to install your GPO on two PCs (think about Microsoft Windows).

If you're having an DVD-writer you're able to burn an GPO-cd with all updates. That prevents you for being a disc jockey. (Keep in mind that GOS are having 18 or more CDs or the big VSL-library with a huge bunch of DVDs which means the installing is a dayjob...)

Regards

Thanks for the reply, but it didn't quite answer my question. I already went through the installation on one machine and thought I could just copy the data using an external drive to the second machine. The plugin registered fine on the N.I. site, but it doesn't recognize the data file on my external drive... so is there a solution or do I really have to reinstall everything from the install CDs?

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry! Have no other idea.

Go Back to forum