• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: BUMMER :)

Share/Bookmark

Talking BUMMER :)

Sorry everyone, I had to vent.

Here I am - sitting here in my garage - manning a garage sale all alone with no relief for another 6 hours - and here comes the UPS guy and hands me my long anticipated Kontakt 2!

Oh the torture!

I don't have enough room on this laptop to install it completely. (need 15 gigs - I have like 1 left on this little thing!)

Well, it could be a lot worse, I could be here and NOT have Kontakt 2. I am just itching to try this out! Instead, I will be reading the manual.
    I will probably be too tired from being up all night and then manning this all day to really enjoy it later today - but somehow I will manage

Have a great Friday everyone.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Re: BUMMER :)

15 gigs?!? That's huge!

Sorry about your predicament!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    15 gigs?!? That's huge!

Sorry about your predicament!
    Yep - it has A TON of really cool libraries that come with it. (a small orchestra from VSL, guitars, etc. etc.) Everyone I have talked to who has this has nothing but very positive things to say.
    I couldn't pass up the 50% off sale.

C'mon, 4:00!! Get here FASTER!

Jerry

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry W.
    Yep - it has A TON of really cool libraries that come with it. (a small orchestra from VSL, guitars, etc. etc.) Everyone I have talked to who has this has nothing but very positive things to say.
    I couldn't pass up the 50% off sale.

C'mon, 4:00!! Get here FASTER!

Jerry
    Good luck Jerry! I took advantage of the same good deal, but when mine arrived I rushed to install and promptly got a "Corrupt Installer or Media" error message...which kinda took the edge off of the anticipation (but I've been filling the time with Overture 4 which is delight!).

;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Well, I am so sorry to hear about your misfortunate install problems!

So far so good. Installation was successful (the sampler) - but no room for the 15 gigs! I will probably install them on my Firewire Drive.

I will be using K2 on both laptop and iMac, so a sucessful install is a happy sign.
    3 hours left! Progress! And the manual is easy reading.

Jerry

My Website!
    New Film Scores!

Ok, more space needed -- but run, do not walk, and get Kontakt Experience installed. The sounds are OK -- but the scripts are fabulous and mobile -- and begin a script trip that is unbelievable.............

I review I have written on experience should appear on the audiogroupltd.com AudioBlog(TM) in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Music
    I think the Akostik Guitar that comes with it was probably worth the $200 price tag by itself. It has individual recordings of pretty much any chord you can think of played 5 or 6 different ways (upstroke, downstroke, muted, slide up, etc). It uses Kontakt Scripts to play complex patterns of chords and each chord is individually sampled so an Eb7#9 is not a transposition of a D7#9.
    Glad to hear this...the guitar was one of the reasons that I decided to get the package!
    ;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Personally, I think the purge feature is worth the price of admission. Especially if you're pushing the limits of your computer already, RAM wise. I can see this being a life saver if you've hit your limit and need to sqeeze in another track or something.

Just on testing it, one sample dumped 48 MB worth of sample data from RAM because it wasn't being used in the score I was working on. Now that's progress.

That is cool JB,

I saw that feature - was wondering what it did.
    I spent WAY TOO MUCH TIME last night messing with K2. I had gone for more than 24 hours without sleep. But it was worth it.

I, Like Prince of Music, spent most of last night introducing myself to the included libraries with K2. I was impressed with the acoustic guitar and I like many of the VSL instruments. I find that they blend VERY well with the instruments of GPO.
    VSL's legato instruments, especially the French Horn Ensemble, are impressive. They also blend well with GPO's F. Horn overlay instruments.

I like that percussion included.

I was a bit dissappointed that K2 did not import my old AKAI choir library. It would import the library fine, but couldn't find the samples - and when I manually pointed it to the folder which contained the particular sample it couldn't find, the sample was greyed out. (and yes, same name and all - the EXACT sample it was looking for) I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

I need to get into the meat and potatoes of this sampler. I want to get into creating multis, and such. I'd like to make the whole included library (well non percussion or harp etc) volume based on the MOD wheel like GPO. There are some included MOD wheel cross-fade instruments. and they are indeed nice, but I find GPO's smoother in the increase and decrease of volume with the mod wheel.

I know I have just scratched the surface. I know this isn't really GPO-specific, but I thought I would give my first impressions and such. And I know that many of you have it as well.

Jerry Wickham

My Website!
    New Film Scores!

I downloaded the K2 demo and got it to work with the Overture 4 demo . . . but the K2 demo only works in 30 minute shifts (and for only 30 days of course) so it was tremendously annoying!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum