• Register
  • Help

Topic: How do I do a latency test?

Share/Bookmark

How do I do a latency test?

If I start GPO, then click File->Setup, I sometimes get a dialog box telling me that my audio configuration appears to have changed and asking me if I want to test it. This test appears to measure latency, which is something I'd like to be able to measure.

Once I have run the test, starting GPO in the future doesn't cause this dialog box to appear again, so I can't retest if I have, say, changed the number of buffers.

Is there a way to force the test to occur?

Re: How do I do a latency test?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Koenig
    If I start GPO, then click File->Setup, I sometimes get a dialog box telling me that my audio configuration appears to have changed and asking me if I want to test it. This test appears to measure latency, which is something I'd like to be able to measure.

Once I have run the test, starting GPO in the future doesn't cause this dialog box to appear again, so I can't retest if I have, say, changed the number of buffers.

Is there a way to force the test to occur?
    andrew,

When you first install GPO the Kontakt player does an audio test as part of the configuration. I am not sure how to run this test again but I can ask Native Instruments and maybe there is a way. If anyone else knows please let us know.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    andrew,

When you first install GPO the Kontakt player does an audio test as part of the configuration. I am not sure how to run this test again but I can ask Native Instruments and maybe there is a way. If anyone else knows please let us know.

Gary Garritan
    Thanks! I would really like to know because I can't think of any other way of determining accurately what affect a configuration change might have on latency.

Any luck yet?

Go Back to forum