• Register
  • Help

Topic: Got the music ...got the hustzpah..already been on two record labels...

Share/Bookmark

Got the music ...got the hustzpah..already been on two record labels...

But now I have been prepping to join the world of composers (film, etc.). I already have had some work in this area and am currently hired to do a feature animation due out in 2007.

I am looking for some suggestions on where to network, events, and online resources to get into the game music industry. I have been poking around the G.A.N.G. site for starters.

Thanks for any help!
    Chris

Thumbs up Re: Got the music ...got the hustzpah..already been on two record labels...

Let me be the first to say, if you haven't already::

check out:

The Complete Guide to Game Audio

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

Good Luck.

Cool Re: Got the music ...got the hustzpah..already been on two record labels...

Hi Chris, with respect, this question gets asked here every couple of months.

Try doing a search in this (game audio) forum. Myself and others, have made plenty of suggestions in the past.
    ---------------------------
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com
    ---------------------------

Re: Got the music ...got the hustzpah..already been on two record labels...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Cairns
    Hi Chris, with respect, this question gets asked here every couple of months.

Try doing a search in this (game audio) forum. Myself and others, have made plenty of suggestions in the past.
    You are so right. I never did a search. Silly me! Anyways thanks for the book suggestion CM.
    Chris

I agree - read Aaron's book before anything else. But IMMEDIATELY following that, read Alexander Brandon's book, 'Audio For Games'. Where Aaron's book leaves off, Alex's begins. It offers some invaluable tips on organization, workflow, etc. that can make a HUGE difference when you finally get your first project.

I wish I had read the book earlier. Now that I'm knee deep in two projects, backtracking to take care of some of the workflow and process stuff is a real chore. If I had done it at the outset, it would have made things a lot easier on myself and the dev team.

Live and learn...but read both books!

Done!
    Thanks
    Chris

Go Back to forum